Sunrise Verde Vs. Okna 400 Deluxe, how to do the lead clean

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
gotothebeach

Sunrise Verde Vs. Okna 400 Deluxe, how to do the lead clean

#1 Post by gotothebeach »

We live in North of U.S., now 7 windows need to be replaced. The local window & siding co. gave me a quote: Sunrise Verde solar12 windows $3400 and Okna 400 Deluxe $2900.
Sunrise Verde solar12 U-factor: 0.28 SHGC: 0.21
Okna 400 Deluxe U-factor:0.26 SHGC:0.30
Which one has better insulation? Which window frame material is better? Which price is more reasonable? Is anyone here who can offer me some good suggestions? We're very appreciate.
My house is 50 years old and i have a little kid, so we very concern about the lead cleaning. Could you tell me how to do the lead cleaning is correctly way?
Last edited by gotothebeach on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise Verde windows Vs. Okna 400 Deluxe

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Well, you are looking at two very high quality products, so you really can't go wrong either way. The Verde is one of Sunrise's upper lines, while the 400 is the entry level from Okna. That being said, Okna doesn't even offer a true "entry-level" window, and as you can see, the numbers on that are actually superior to the Sunrise---and at a lower price to boot. If you like the Sunrise I may suggest a different glass package as the .21 is too low for a northern climate. The only other thing that I may suggest, is getting a quote on the 500 series, which I like a little better. If that comes in at or below the Sunrise, I know what I'd do. The installation is a non-factor as its the same company either way, correct?.... Ultimately though, both are great products and either would serve you well.

gotothebeach

#3 Post by gotothebeach »

Thank you for your quick respond. The .21 is aslo my concern, maybe it's more benifit in south climate. Do you mean Okna 500 is better than Sunrise Verde?
HomeSealed wrote:Well, you are looking at two very high quality products, so you really can't go wrong either way. The Verde is one of Sunrise's upper lines, while the 400 is the entry level from Okna. That being said, Okna doesn't even offer a true "entry-level" window, and as you can see, the numbers on that are actually superior to the Sunrise---and at a lower price to boot. If you like the Sunrise I may suggest a different glass package as the .21 is too low for a northern climate. The only other thing that I may suggest, is getting a quote on the 500 series, which I like a little better. If that comes in at or below the Sunrise, I know what I'd do. The installation is a non-factor as its the same company either way, correct?.... Ultimately though, both are great products and either would serve you well.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I personally prefer the 500 over the 400 and the 800 over the 500 for that matter.

The 500 is every bit as good, if not a bit better depending on who you ask, than the Verde.

EcoStar Remodeling

#5 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Keeping in mind that the Verde comes with Opti-view screens, Solar Clean Glass, and full frame foam insulation standard. I would ask for these to be added to the Okna so you can faurly judge the value of each. Or I would ask for a quote on the regular Sunrise without the Optiview and Solar Clean Glass.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

gotothebeach wrote:Thank you for your quick respond. The .21 is aslo my concern, maybe it's more benifit in south climate. Do you mean Okna 500 is better than Sunrise Verde?
HomeSealed wrote:Well, you are looking at two very high quality products, so you really can't go wrong either way. The Verde is one of Sunrise's upper lines, while the 400 is the entry level from Okna. That being said, Okna doesn't even offer a true "entry-level" window, and as you can see, the numbers on that are actually superior to the Sunrise---and at a lower price to boot. If you like the Sunrise I may suggest a different glass package as the .21 is too low for a northern climate. The only other thing that I may suggest, is getting a quote on the 500 series, which I like a little better. If that comes in at or below the Sunrise, I know what I'd do. The installation is a non-factor as its the same company either way, correct?.... Ultimately though, both are great products and either would serve you well.
In my opinion, yes, but they are both in what I'd consider an "elite" class of window. Regarding the foam filled frame that Eco referred to, based on the the quote U-factor of .26, that would indicate that it does include the Deluxe package with foam filled frames, locking screen, etc.

gotothebeach

#7 Post by gotothebeach »

Could you tell me more details why the 500 is better than Verde? Compare to everything, if just Verde solar12 and 400 deluxe, which one you will go?
Windows on Washington wrote:I personally prefer the 500 over the 400 and the 800 over the 500 for that matter.

The 500 is every bit as good, if not a bit better depending on who you ask, than the Verde.
Last edited by gotothebeach on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EcoStar Remodeling

#8 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

You need to have them re-quote with the Ultra-U-Plus to get the SHG up a little.

Depends on who you ask which one is better is correct. Many people like the Optiview screens, the Solar clean glass, the stainless steel spacer and the aesthetics of the Sunrise extrusions better. I would hardly let the difference in a U-factor or .02 be a deal breaker. Either window would be an excellent choice.

gotothebeach

#9 Post by gotothebeach »

I have already ask just $200 different between the Ultra-U-Plus and solar12. Ultra-U-Plus SHGC goes up to 0.28 and U-factor also up to 0.29. But we really consider about the U-factor in winter, especially we have 7 monthes in winter.
EcoStar Remodeling wrote:You need to have them re-quote with the Ultra-U-Plus to get the SHG up a little.

Depends on who you ask which one is better is correct. Many people like the Optiview screens, the Solar clean glass, the stainless steel spacer and the aesthetics of the Sunrise extrusions better. I would hardly let the difference in a U-factor or .02 be a deal breaker. Either window would be an excellent choice.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

gotothebeach wrote:I have already ask just $200 different between the Ultra-U-Plus and solar12. Ultra-U-Plus SHGC goes up to 0.28 and U-factor also up to 0.29. But we really consider about the U-factor in winter, especially we have 7 monthes in winter.
EcoStar Remodeling wrote:You need to have them re-quote with the Ultra-U-Plus to get the SHG up a little.

As Eco advised, the Ultra U plus will be the better option. That .21 shgc would be detrimental to performance in comparison to the .01 u-value bump... As you mentioned earlier, that package is for warmer climates.
..Also, as was already mentioned, everyone has their own preference as to which is better. As a consumer, you can really just take your pick in this case as to which one you personally like better, or which is a better deal.

gotothebeach

#11 Post by gotothebeach »

Sunrise Verde and Okna 400 Deluxe which one last more longer?
HomeSealed wrote:
gotothebeach wrote:I have already ask just $200 different between the Ultra-U-Plus and solar12. Ultra-U-Plus SHGC goes up to 0.28 and U-factor also up to 0.29. But we really consider about the U-factor in winter, especially we have 7 monthes in winter.

As Eco advised, the Ultra U plus will be the better option. That .21 shgc would be detrimental to performance in comparison to the .01 u-value bump... As you mentioned earlier, that package is for warmer climates.
..Also, as was already mentioned, everyone has their own preference as to which is better. As a consumer, you can really just take your pick in this case as to which one you personally like better, or which is a better deal.

HomeSealed

Re: Sunrise Verde Vs. Okna 400 Deluxe, how to do the lead clean

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

Both are high quality choices that should last as long as you own your home. To put that in perspective, I've seen 25 yr old vinyl windows that operate the same as they did on the day they were installed. These were quality units in their day mind you, but the technology and level of quality control has made major strides since then.

gotothebeach

#13 Post by gotothebeach »

Thank you for all answers today. I'll go to Okna400 Deluxe, because it's a good deal.
HomeSealed wrote:Both are high quality choices that should last as long as you own your home. To put that in perspective, I've seen 25 yr old vinyl windows that operate the same as they did on the day they were installed. These were quality units in their day mind you, but the technology and level of quality control has made major strides since then.

HomeSealed

#14 Post by HomeSealed »

Well, I have to say that you were in the rare circumstance that you really could not go wrong either way... so congrats! You will be happy with that window!