Good Price? Champion vs Sunrise

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
apollo99x

Good Price? Champion vs Sunrise

#1 Post by apollo99x »

I would like some help. I have received almost identical quotes on Champion windows and a local window and door/remodeling company. I will need 21 Double Hung and 1 half round. 9 windows will have colonial grids, all will be white on tan (exterior) and white on white (interior). I need about 8 sills (I think) on front of house replaced, rotted. Champion are well Champion windows...the local shop offers the Sunrise brand which looks to be equal if not better than the Champion. I also received a ridiculously low quote from national big box on Pella Thermastars and discarded it as I hear the windows are as poor as the installation.

Champion: 14,647 (approx 665 per)
Sunrise: 15,664 (approx 712 per)

Still have Window World windows and another local company scheduled for estimates, wondering if the previous estimates are reasonable.

We live in Alabama. Anyone on this board from the Birmingham AL Area?

Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Good Price? Champion vs Sunrise

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Which Sunrise window?

apollo99x

#3 Post by apollo99x »

The mid grade version I was quoted. Quote states Manufacturer: Sunrise Model: Sunrise, the pamphlet has no model listed but these specs, website doesn't list any models either?:

U-.29
VT-.54
Leak-.033(0.1)
7/8"
Argon
Low E

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Sunrise window is the better of the two options in this comparison.

apollo99x

#5 Post by apollo99x »

Is the pricing reasonable, high end, low end? Looks a little higher then what I am seeing in other posts.

EcoStar Remodeling

#6 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

I'd even rate the Sunrise Essentials over Champion. The Champion reminds me a lot of the Alside Sheffield.

My advice would be to get at least one or two more estimates to be sure you are getting competitive pricing.

ranger

#7 Post by ranger »

Window world use Alside which are not in the same league as sunrise. I think your pricing is good for the sunrise. It's a well designed window and they use a truly welded sloped sill and not a snap in sloped or pocket like champion or Alside( window world).

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Cancel the WW quote. Sunrise is a very good product at a reasonable price. If you want further comparisons, you could get another quote or two, but it looks like you have a fine product at a fine price already.... and I'm not referring to the Champion :wink: