New Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dsenier

Re: New Windows

#16 Post by dsenier »

I received a Quote for the Imperal LS 16 Double hung and 1 Bow with side casements and internal blinds, the glass pack for all is Ultra Triple pane with Superspacer, installed $15450.

I was told the Bow was about $6k so that puts the DH's at avg $591 per.

dsenier

#17 Post by dsenier »

I have another quote for the Imperal Pro 16 DH @ $385 per installed and a Barrington Bow w/ blinds and insulated seat for $3850 installed. He is getting back to me on a "Pro" Bow window.

Should I hold out for the "LS"?

I really like that the Pro uses the Super Spacer and metal reinforcement within the sash.

TheWindowNerd

#18 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I do not think you are looking at the same glass packeage in the cost comparision.
The Pro or Imp LS will either do a great job for you.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Both are very solid windows. The Pro will give you a bit more glass (i.e. less frame) but is not quite as well engineered as the LS.

HomeSealed

#20 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree, the Ls is definitely the superior choice, but the Pro is a solid one.

dsenier

#21 Post by dsenier »

I have a Gorell Timeless dealer coming in the AM to quote me and I will want to compare it vs the Imperial LS. Any specific questions I should ask or options to have quoted to make sure I have an apples to apples comparison?

We did not get any upgrades quoted on the Imperial LS std Double Pane w/ interceptor. I was considering the solar low-e coating but i can always go back and ask for it.

Sunrise contracotr is coming out Monday and have not yet heard back from an Okna window rep not sure why.

TheWindowNerd

#22 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Has anyone tested and or advised you about lead paint hazzard?

The OP list sound reduction, I see little to no discussion or pricing towards that option.

dsenier

#23 Post by dsenier »

Ok so far here are the quotes I have.

Soft-Lite Imperial LS - 16 DH triple pane Ultra Low-e/Argon & 1 Bow w/2 Casements, 3 pics and internal blinds Double Pane w/ hardcoat low-e all have super spacers - From a well established company $14400

Gorell Timeless Plus - 16 DH Double Pane Eco Master Glass pack w/ Argon & 1 Bow w/2 Casement same glass pack and internal blinds - From another well established local company $14600

Sunrise - 16 DH & 1 Bow all Ultra-U Plus glass and blinds in the bow - From a well established company $14865

I do not really have a preference but the Gorell salesman did not like being compared to the Soft-Lite he said "the sashes move a lot and they have many warranty issues because of it" and the Soft-Lite guy pointed out that Sunrise does not have interlocking sashes and it can be a "Security issue and it lets in too much air" they both said it was not an apples to apples comparrison.

Lastly I have no preference on any of these companies they were all low pressure easy to talk too. As you can see all of the quotes are so close I see no clear price contendor so I am hoping you all can help me make an informed decision as to why I should choose one over another. If it help I can provide the install company names but I wasnt sure if that was ok. Message me if that is important.

I am very nervous about spending the money. I really want to see a return on the investment over time as we plan on staying at this home for a long time.

HomeSealed

#24 Post by HomeSealed »

You really can't go wrong with any of the 3, as they are all good products offered by sloid manufacturers. I have sold and installed all three brands, and I'd say that if they were similar glass packages, it would be an apples to apples comparison. That being said, they are not. I like the Gorell product, but with that glass package, the LS is a better deal. The LS will also have superior ratings. On the Sunrise, I don't really care for the fact that they don't have a sash interlock either, but they don't really seem to have too many issues with air leakage.
Overall, the LS is probably the best product and is the lowest price, so as long as you feel comfortable with that installation company, I'd say that would get my vote.

Windows on Washington

#25 Post by Windows on Washington »

Of that group, the LS would be my choice as well.

If you are concerned about loss of visible glass, go with the Sunrise.

dsenier

#26 Post by dsenier »

We have POS vinyl replacement windows from the late 80's in now so not worried about the viewing area thru the window.

EcoStar Remodeling

#27 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Funny that the Softlite salesman claims the Sunrise leaks a lot of air because the sashes don't interlock considering the AI rate is .04. I think the Sunrise is a nicer looking, more refined window and has less of an industrial look than Softlite. That said, any of those windows would be an excellent choice. You have definitely narrowed it down to the cream of the crop IMO.

Windows on Washington

#28 Post by Windows on Washington »

EcoStar Remodeling wrote:Funny that the Softlite salesman claims the Sunrise leaks a lot of air because the sashes don't interlock considering the AI rate is .04. I think the Sunrise is a nicer looking, more refined window and has less of an industrial look than Softlite. That said, any of those windows would be an excellent choice. You have definitely narrowed it down to the cream of the crop IMO.
Soft-Lite claims a bunch of things. I do like the window but their selling practices as a company leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.

EcoStar Remodeling

#29 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Yeah, next thing you know they will be claiming that the difference between an AI of .01 and .04 makes a huge difference in energy efficiency.

HomeSealed

#30 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows on Washington wrote:
EcoStar Remodeling wrote:Funny that the Softlite salesman claims the Sunrise leaks a lot of air because the sashes don't interlock considering the AI rate is .04. I think the Sunrise is a nicer looking, more refined window and has less of an industrial look than Softlite. That said, any of those windows would be an excellent choice. You have definitely narrowed it down to the cream of the crop IMO.
Soft-Lite claims a bunch of things. I do like the window but their selling practices as a company leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.
^^^ He said it , not me! :lol: :lol: ....although I do strongly agree. :mrgreen: