Soft-Lite Pro vs Imperial LS

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
dsenier

Soft-Lite Pro vs Imperial LS

#1 Post by dsenier »

Does anyone have a preference? I note some subtle difference between these two windows but I am not sure which one is the top performer. Personally I note the Pro seems more "rugged" where as the Imperial LS is the better looking choice? Insight would be appreciated.

HomeSealed

Re: Soft-Lite Pro vs Imperial LS

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The LS is the superior product to be sure. It is better in every area, with the exception of glass area... That it not to say that the Pro is a bad choice at all. It is solid. On "ruggedness", I'm not quite sure what would lead you to believe that the Pro has an advantage, as it is less substantial than the LS.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

The LS is better window than the older Pro series. Only the glazing options, sill, and screens are on par. The LS is a much stronger window and built better, not just nicer looking. Some folks with very small windows may prefer the Pro as it features slightly more glass with it's narrowline sash design. On very large double-hungs the stronger sash design is much more advantageous.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1 on the LS feedback.

Pro = more glass but older design and not as good a performer.

LS = less glass but one of the 5 best windows made today in my opinion.