New Home Construction

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kiddocdo

New Home Construction

#1 Post by kiddocdo »

My wife and I are building a country home in Northeast Oklahoma. It will have white siding, wrap-around porch, land with white vinyl fence, etc, etc.

"The look" of the window is our most important factor although energy efficiency would be nice as well. All of our windows will be white and my wife is interested in wider deeper exterior (not between the glass) window grilles. We are going for a Victorian/older house look. We also do not want the windows with the cheaper seams that show. House plans call for double hung windows.

I have quotes from Andersen (400 and 200 series) as well as Pella (Architect and vinyl 350 series). Quotes for all windows and doors are between 28,000-40,000 depending on type.

I don't know a thing about windows. I and am having trouble finding other quality windows with a similar look to those listed above. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your time.

Windows on Washington

Re: New Home Construction

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Don't lump all vinyl into the cheap vinyl category.

There are some very good looking vinyl windows out there.

Available to you down there, Sunrise would be my first choice followed by Soft-lite.

I would encourage you to look at those and they don't fit the bill, look at the Marvin Integrity.

EcoStar Remodeling

#3 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Sunrise also offers their windows with SDL's (Simulated Divided Lites). Nicer look than GBG's (Grids Between Glass) but also more expensive.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The SDLs are key to that look you want.
As mentioned look at Sunrise or the AW 400 WoodWright.