VantagePointe-Simonton windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rvwa

VantagePointe-Simonton windows

#1 Post by rvwa »

We are looking for security windows. I prefer vinyl and got a quote on VantagePointe Simonton vinyl double-hung windows with double pane sound and security laminated glass: 3 36 x 25, 2 26 x 50, 2 53 x 25, 1 54 x 50, 2 53 x 50 and 1 36 x 37 for $7,856.00 through Home Depot. Anyone have experience with these people and windows? I prefer single-hung, please help?

randy

Re: VantagePointe-Simonton windows

#2 Post by randy »

You can get a much better job, with a much better window, for the same price by dealing with a local window contractor. HD does not enjoy a good reputation for installed sales.

Simonton and Gorell are the two of the best options for laminated glass. I'd recommend looking for a couple of local contractors (not Home Depot) who offer these brands and get a few quotes. Once you have at least two additional quotes, you'll have a better feel for what is a fair price and you'll feel more confident in making a buying decision.

rvwa

Re: VantagePointe-Simonton windows

#3 Post by rvwa »

Thanks for your reply. I settled for these windows, went to a local place and prices were even higher. :)