Berkshire Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Rhut

Berkshire Replacement Windows

#1 Post by Rhut »

I replaced 10 windows in my TX home last year with Sunrise windows - I really like the window. Called my installer to replace another 10 windows with the same Sunrise windows and he informed me that Sunrise will be going out of business Jan. 1st. He says he can replace my windows with Berkshire windows by Revere, I've never heard of these, but he says they are comparible to Sunrise. Any feedback. Thanks

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: Berkshire Replacement Windows

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Yes, call another Sunrise Dealer. Hopefully this one will not be as deceitful. I would also call Sunrise and tell them who the dealer is so they can deal with him legally, if they choose. It's very possible Sunrise will not sell to him anymore due to poor quality installs so I would avoid having anything to do with him.

Berkshire is an Alside window. Sunrise is much better.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yep, Sunrise is alive and well.
I will be recieving a large order from them in Jan.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

" But he says they are comparible to Sunrise." And according to Eugene Levy, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster is a better car than the blue sports wagon. If you currently have Sunrise windows you aren't going to be very happy with anything Alside puts out.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Where in Texas are you? We might be able to help you find a Sunrise dealer with that info.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Delaware Mike wrote:" But he says they are comparible to Sunrise." And according to Eugene Levy, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster is a better car than the blue sports wagon. If you currently have Sunrise windows you aren't going to be very happy with anything Alside puts out.
:lol: :lol: :lol: ... I can't speak to the financial health of Sunrise, but I do do know that they make a fine product. The Revere Berkshire is NOT even in the same league (= Alside excalibur= $189 installed)... As the other pros have alluded to, I strongly suspect that this is a highly unethical act of a contractor that is fabricating falsities just so that he can smoothly transition to a more profitable (ie: substantially cheaper) product.