Replacement Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Kendall

Replacement Windows

#1 Post by Kendall »

I live in Chicago where the temperatures range from 100 degrees to -20 degrees. I need to replace my existing wooden windows and frames.. I am considering either Andersen Replacement windows which are vinyl or some brand of aluminum clad windows. The exterior color will be green. The reviews are mixed on Andersen. Any suggestions.

HomeSealed

Re: Replacement Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

There is a board pro here called Window4U that serves Chicago. He is a great guy that offers the best products available.... You can click on the Get Quote button on one of his posts.
On Anderson, their wood products are nice, however, if you are looking at vinyl, steer clear.

EcoStar Remodeling

#3 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Andersen vinyl windows are among the lower end. I would not give them very serious consideration. The Andersen 400 wood clad are decent.

If you decide on vinyl, there should be quite a few brands available to you in Chicago that most of the Pro's on here agree we like such as Sunrise, Okna, Softlite and Gorell. That's a good starting place. Get several estimates and feel free to check back with us and we will try and help you get the most for your money.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

One guy to solve all your problems....Window4U.

Here he is and you can click on his name for contact information: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5209

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yep, Dave at windows4u will be your best choice.

nealcaffery

#6 Post by nealcaffery »

I am new to this industry but I have heard that Schuco are also leading manufacturers of vinyl windows. Anyone have any experience of Schuco ??

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

nealcaffery wrote:I am new to this industry but I have heard that Schuco are also leading manufacturers of vinyl windows. Anyone have any experience of Schuco ??
:lol:

You are a bit behind the power curve my friend.

EcoStar Remodeling

#8 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

nealcaffery wrote:I am new to this industry but I have heard that Schuco are also leading manufacturers of vinyl windows. Anyone have any experience of Schuco ??

Schuco went out of the window business several years ago after leaving a trail of very unhappy homeowners and dealers.

Some of the better windows out there are made by Sunrise, Softlite, Okna and Gorell. A quick Google search for these brands that include where you live should bring up a few dealers.