Revere Berkshire vs. Okna. Price check?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
wonderingwindows

Revere Berkshire vs. Okna. Price check?

#1 Post by wonderingwindows »

Hi there, great forum and have learned a bunch here.

I've had a couple estimates, and was wondering if these prices seemed reasonable to you.

1. Okna 400, estimate by WoW, price per window installed (with grids, all caping and other installation requirements): $621

2. Okna 500, same as above: $670

3. Berkshire Revere, estimate by Builders Siding, grids, caping, etc: $470

Based on what I was reading earlier, I thought WoW was doing Okna installed for about 500 per window. Are people including other installation requirements when they mention estimates on here (things like "vinyl cut fin removal" and caping?) I also read somewhere that Reveres should be installed for under 200 per window.

Also, the home I'm in isn't my dream home that I'll be spending the rest of my life in. But I'll probably be here another several years, so do you think the upgrade to Okna is worth it?

HomeSealed

Re: Revere Berkshire vs. Okna. Price check?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Any okna product will blow even the best revere/alside out of the water. In addition, I'm sure that you've seen the difference in installation companies between WoW and the other choices... On pricing, every home is different, as well as different levels of options etc. When you mention items like vinyl fin removal, etc, that can have a substantial effect on price, and moves out of the realm of "standard install"... If you really want to compare, get other estimates on equivalent, premium products, however, I'm certain you'll find that you've already seen the best in WoW. :D

EcoStar Remodeling

#3 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

This demonstrates exactly why some on here are reluctant to discuss pricing. You have some how gotten the impression that windows are a commodity and the prices for every job should all be the same. I am sure that there are some details regarding your installation that are different than the $500 figure you gleaned from this site. Can you point us to the posts that gave you the impression that all Okna windows were sold for $500 installed?

Okna makes a very nice window and I would select it over anything from Alside/Berkshire/Revere.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

Eco is 100% correct. I did some auto detailing in my younger years and I could have two clients with virtually the same car and the pricing be totally different. One car could take 6-8 hours for a total detail while the other car could take days to produce the same end result. It's all about the time and effort to produce the finished product. Of course someone with a car or truck could always just run their vehicle through the soft-clothe car wash for $20 and be done in 15-minutes. I would equate this to the Berkshire Revere.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

I agree with the other pros, and along with HomeSealed, assure you that there's no one better in the DC area than WoW. The Okna product is far superior to the Revere, and the installation you'll receive from Windows on Washington will no doubt be superior as well.

TheWindowNerd

#6 Post by TheWindowNerd »

A current bid that I am involved with shocked me...
When I pulled up to the house it looked like it had new replacement windows, when I got inside I was shock they were Simonton 6100.
I asked why was I there, that window is a decent window, I was told the install was horrible and had leaked twice and damaged drywall.
My quote to them for Okna was not cheap but still cheaper than what they paid with a bad install from the big box store.
That is a current example of it is not cheaper to do it twice, plus the agg and increased blood pressure.
Pick a very good product, pick the best installer.