Replacing windows in Oregon.. No Schuco :(

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
flygirl

#16 Post by flygirl »

You can get superspaceer in Milgard vinyl products in Oregon. Apparently it is not available in the Ultra line.
Marvin Infinity is too new out here to know much - other than it is a copy of the Ultra product. Limited grid options.

pdxman1

#17 Post by pdxman1 »

flygirl wrote:You can get superspaceer in Milgard vinyl products in Oregon.
Are you sure? I just talked to a salesperson about this and he said that he just spoke to his Milgard rep about this and they do not currently offer the Superspacer. I got bids from two other companies for Milgard windows and neither salesperson suggested a Superspacer option on Milgard. I didnn't specifically ask them, but we were discussing the fact that the Milgard Classic U rating is .35, which does not meet the .32 requirement for a rebate from the local utility (energytrust.org). I would have thought that if there was an option for Superspacer, they would have mentioned it and the U rating.

pdxman1

#18 Post by pdxman1 »

pdxman1 wrote:
flygirl wrote:You can get superspaceer in Milgard vinyl products in Oregon.
Are you sure? I just talked to a salesperson about this and he said that he just spoke to his Milgard rep about this and they do not currently offer the Superspacer. I got bids from two other companies for Milgard windows and neither salesperson suggested a Superspacer option on Milgard. I didnn't specifically ask them, but we were discussing the fact that the Milgard Classic U rating is .35, which does not meet the .32 requirement for a rebate from the local utility (energytrust.org). I would have thought that if there was an option for Superspacer, they would have mentioned it and the U rating.
Well flygirl is right. I went to a "window school" event at the Milgard factory that was put on by Milgard and my dealer. They told me that they could do Superspacer for an upcharge.