need Simonton contractor

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Ida-Boy

need Simonton contractor

#1 Post by Ida-Boy »

i am going to look at Sunrise windows today with wife... I would now like to look at Simonton windows but how do I find a contractor in my area?
I live in Monroe County Michigan... 48140

Bill

Re: need Simonton contractor

#2 Post by Bill »

Go to the Simonton website where you can enter your zip code and a list of mostly distributors will appear and they should be able to direct you to a dealer

Ida-Boy

#3 Post by Ida-Boy »

Bill wrote:Go to the Simonton website where you can enter your zip code and a list of mostly distributors will appear and they should be able to direct you to a dealer
I did... One placed I called in Toledo told me the guy hasn't worked there for a couple of years... They sell wholesale only.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

Not sure how you should proceed on finding a Simonton dealer, but some other top tier choices that should be available to you are Softlite and Gorell. They have locator functions as well, and will more than likely put you directly in touch with a dealer.

Ida-Boy

#5 Post by Ida-Boy »

Thank you. I did call Simonton and asked if the installers for Simonton Windows still need to go through some sort of certification on their windows... They really did me a yes or a no, but did email me 3 recommended installers in the area.

Softlite and Gorell? I will do some more research...

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Pay no attention to "factory certifications". Manufacturers hand those out like candy to their dealers with no training required.
Generally, the most highly regarded vinyl windows available are the top offerings of Sunrise, Softlite, HiMark/Okna, and Gorell. Simonton and Great Lakes/PlyGem are very solid choices as well. The only products that you won't be able to get are HiMark and Okna.

Ida-Boy

#7 Post by Ida-Boy »

Softlite is about 50 miles away, Gorell is even farther.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Ida-Boy wrote:Softlite is about 50 miles away, Gorell is even farther.
Have them come to you. :D
I regularly go on sales calls at that distance.