Changing Felt seals on windows

For all those Replacement Window questions
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 am

Changing Felt seals on windows

#1 Post by kitchenboy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:40 am

Hello, When I bought my house the previous owners had replaced some of the windows, with replacements. The problem is the company they used isnt around anymore and the stickers on the top of the frames dont seem to be from any of the manufacturers that the people left me paperwork for. I do have some newer windows I replaced and the felt strips on those look verry similar to the ones on the older windows, so I was wondering if its a standard seal that I can get and replace. I call it felt, but its like a brissely brush material that seals the sash to the frame when you close the window. Also the seal on the bottom of the sashes is looking a little dry rotted too. Does anyonme know where I could purchase either of these two materials or have any other ideas. Thanks for any help. Mark

EcoStar Remodeling
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: Changing Felt seals on windows

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:42 pm

It's called fin seal weatherstripping. ... e_pile.htm

Post Reply