Quick Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Chad

Quick Question

#1 Post by Chad »

Learned a lot about windows from reading this board and listening to the pros here. Had I not educated myself here I would have gotten stuck with some really lousy low end windows that the contractor was trying to push on me, making them sound like the greatest thing.

I've finally settle on getting Sunrise's Standard window offering, the contractor we are looking at using can't get Vanguard or Restorations but I believe the Sunrise Std window is basically the same thing minus a few bells and whistles.

My quote for 8 Sunrise double hung with Ultra Plus 12 glass comes out to $4100 installed.

Does this sound fair? Good deal... bad deal.... about right..??

TheWindowNerd

Re: Quick Question

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

With out knowing the full scope of work and product, it sounds like a great deal.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd concur with anthony. Definitely within the scope of reasonable pricing, if not on the lower end.
Where are you located? The Ultra plus 12 may or may not be your best option.

Chad

#4 Post by Chad »

I'm in the Midwest, that glass was actually recommend by one of the Sunrise engineers. My windows face South and get massive amounts of sun pretty much all day.

Here is a list of the offerings:

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

Midwest like Missouri, or midwest like Minnesota?... I guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you want to block that sun/heat, then you have the right package. If otoh, you would prefer to allow that sun to help keep your home warm on all those days that the furnace runs, then the Ultra U plus might be a better choice.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

Sunrise has exceptional customer service for both us dealers and homeowners alike. They are also a decent sized manufacturer that seems to be very stable in this uncertain economy. We still do the regular Sunrise products in certain cases in which the Vanguard or Restorations might not be needed.