Sunrise/Okna Decision

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
infojunkie

Sunrise/Okna Decision

#1 Post by infojunkie »

Hi, I'm trying to make a final decision about my window replacement. I've gotten quotes from four or five companies, but am down to Okna and Sunrise Quotes. The Okna is 500/700 ( for dh and for casements) and the Sunrise is for "Sunrise". I don't think this particular series of Sunrise has a reinforced sash. This dealer doesn't have the Vanguard series.

The Brands both have good repuations, the companies have good reputations and have been in the business a long time. The Okna quote is about 20% above the Sunrise quote for the same number and type of windows. I'm not sure if we're talking the same quality level though. Would a more fair comparison be between the OKNA 500's and the Sunrise Vanguards?

I would like to be comparing apples to apples, if possible. Thanks much.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Sunrise/Okna Decision

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I use both and think that is a fair comparision, maybe not perfect, but close.
I like the 800DX the best.

infojunkie

#3 Post by infojunkie »

Hi Anthony, thanks for response. Did you mean the Okna 500/700 and Sunrise Vanguard is a fair comparison or the Okna 500 and Sunrise, sunrise? Thanks.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree with anthony for the most part. The double hung numbers on the Okna are better across the board so in that respect, the Vanguard would be a better comparison, but I do think that they(your two choices) are in the same ballpark... In the Sunrise dh, I do prefer the sash reinforcement. Otoh, the Sunrise casement is very nice-- at least even with the Okna.
Ultimately, you are in rare-air as far as vinyl windows either way, so you'll be happy with either choice. You are comparing a Mercedes and a BMW... Which install company do you feel more comfortable with?

infojunkie

#5 Post by infojunkie »

HomeSealed wrote:I'd agree with anthony for the most part. The double hung numbers on the Okna are better across the board so in that respect, the Vanguard would be a better comparison, but I do think that they(your two choices) are in the same ballpark... In the Sunrise dh, I do prefer the sash reinforcement. Otoh, the Sunrise casement is very nice-- at least even with the Okna.
Ultimately, you are in rare-air as far as vinyl windows either way, so you'll be happy with either choice. You are comparing a Mercedes and a BMW... Which install company do you feel more comfortable with?
Hi Homesealed. Thanks for info. Just to be sure though, the Sunrise, sunrise doesn't have a reinforced sash? Maybe I'll get a Vanguard quote too. Also, what is Otoh?
Thanks again.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

otoh= on the other hand :) ... the standard Sunrise does not come with a reinforced sash meeting rail to my knowledge. I'm not sure if it is an option, or if it is necessary to upgrade to the Vanguard/Restorations for that feature. Just for reference, the Okna 500 does not have sash reinforcement either, but at a DP 50, it is really not necessary on that product unless your are in an extreme climate.

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

As Brandon said you will have great success with either.
Now for the other 80% critical part of the project, the installation.
Is it the same company offering those two choices to you?
Who is the bet installation company and why.