Looking for Window Maker

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
trevorawright

Looking for Window Maker

#1 Post by trevorawright »

Hello,

I'm looking to get some replacement bottom sashes for the following:

GG3DHFR 010603-28A 26

I have no idea who makes this kind. Does anyone know who makes these windows based on that information.

Thanks.

HomeSealed

Re: Looking for Window Maker

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Do you have any more info? Were they installed by you or a previous homeowner, how long ago, replacements or original to the home, etc?.... Are there any other markings, perhaps a brand name on the locks? A picture could even be helpful.

trevorawright

#3 Post by trevorawright »

They were installed by the previous home owner about 6-7 years ago. They were replacements and I'm 99% they are vinyl. No markers on the locks, screens, or anything. I'm included a lot of pictures.

Thanks again for all of the help.
SerialNumber.jpg
Serial Number
(200.48 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Lock.jpg
Lock
(214.38 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Window.jpg
Full Window
(207.46 KiB) Downloaded 332 times

WindowInfo

#4 Post by WindowInfo »

I'm pretty sure its a Great Lakes / Plygem Window.
This a a new warranty sticker on a Great Lakes Uniframe Window.

Give them a call tomorrow
1-888-9PLYGEM

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

They definitely are vinyl. The Great Lakes sill looks different on the interior though, unless it has changed since then.
Did the previous homeowner leave any documentation at all? ... or can you contact them? I'd imagine that the windows are still under warranty at that age, so it would be worth your while to try and contact them.

WindowInfo

#6 Post by WindowInfo »

Here is a Great Lakes Window that we did in 1998. Looks likes yours

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

Looks like it has changed :) ... Was that a 3000? I don't recall that design in 2005-2006, but I installed very few 3000's.
Definitely worth a shot to try them Trevor if you can't get any info from the old homeowners. They definitely have the same interior glazing beads and yellow warranty sticker that GL uses.

trevorawright

#8 Post by trevorawright »

Thank you so much! I'm looking for a local GL dealer. I've got no documentation from the previous owner. So, this looks like my best bet.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Can you get a bit closer onto the welds and the sash interface with the frame.

Kind of looks like a Simonton to me but I will defer to HomeSealed and Windowinfo as they know that brand a bit better.

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

You could look for a local dealer (I'm sure that you'll find plenty), otherwise that number that windowinfo provided would probably be my first call. They should be able to tell you if that is one of their products without having to go through the rigamorole associated with finding a dealer.

WindowInfo

#11 Post by WindowInfo »

I looked through my archives of warranty stickers from past clients. I found this one from a Great Lakes Window that we installed in 1997.
trevorawright wrote:Thank you so much! I'm looking for a local GL dealer. I've got no documentation from the previous owner. So, this looks like my best bet.
I would first contact Great Lakes. Not sure what your problem with the window is, but there will be a charge for the part or glass pack from Great Lakes. They will however give you the name of the local dealer to install the new part once you receive it. They also give you detailed instructions on replacing the part or glass pack if you want to do it yourself.

Date your windows were made...01/06/2003
Last edited by WindowInfo on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delaware Mike

#12 Post by Delaware Mike »

That appears to be the "Gold Series" by Great Lakes. I've sold and installed them back in 03 to 05. The interior glazing beads with the legs jumped atop the bottom horizontal gives them away along with the locks. I checked an older file from a project that we did back in 04 in which I had some glass go bad in 2008, and the stickers were actually orange, bright road cone orange. During the time that I dealt with Great Lakes they offered the Monitor, Gold, Plygem, and Uniframe series. If your windows are from Great Lakes they aren't any of the other offerings but the Gold, which may have been called something else prior to 2001-2002.

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

Good info Mike. I've only dealt with the Grandview lines up here, from about 05 and newer.

trevorawright

#14 Post by trevorawright »

Oh, I need two new bottom sashes because they have leaks and growing mold in them. Thanks again for narrowing this down.

Delaware Mike

#15 Post by Delaware Mike »

If they 100% confirmed Great Lakes you're going to be getting just new glass only, not sashes. When Great Lakes changed all of their frame and sash designs back in 2005 they stopped manufacturing those extrusions to batch up some replacements. When the old insulated glass units are removed you can clean all of the dirt and mold out of their with some simple cleaner. Spray Nine followed with denatured alcohol would be a simple fix and will do wonders. Good Luck.