slocomb windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
davidb8765

slocomb windows

#1 Post by davidb8765 »

hello, does anyone have any experience with slocomb 's windstopper vinyal replacement windows? i understand that they have partnerd up with pace windows. anyway, they seem to be a good solid window, good numbers, great warranty.

jayal11

Re: slocomb windows

#2 Post by jayal11 »

I have seen the window and have a sample in my office. It is well built and the windjamber is a nice option. when looking at a window, always take note of how it closes...is there a lot of movement in the sashes when its locked? if so, air will find its way in. Also how much weather stripping is on it.

Please let me know if you have any further questions

buddy110

#3 Post by buddy110 »

Slocum windows less about performance and engineering, and more about sales and gimmicks. They don't make a bad window, but it's nothing special either. The windjammer is a very old design from the window man days (1980'S).

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

jayal11 wrote:I have seen the window and have a sample in my office. It is well built and the windjamber is a nice option. when looking at a window, always take note of how it closes...is there a lot of movement in the sashes when its locked? if so, air will find its way in. Also how much weather stripping is on it.

Actually jayal11, compression and closing a window have nothing to do with air tightness.

I have surveyed many a window that have a very tight compression seal that leak copious amounts of air when clamped shut.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

Windows on Washington wrote:
jayal11 wrote:I have seen the window and have a sample in my office. It is well built and the windjamber is a nice option. when looking at a window, always take note of how it closes...is there a lot of movement in the sashes when its locked? if so, air will find its way in. Also how much weather stripping is on it.

Actually jayal11, compression and closing a window have nothing to do with air tightness.

I have surveyed many a window that have a very tight compression seal that leak copious amounts of air when clamped shut.
That's exactly right. No need for a "feeling" of air tightness when there's an official test report to prove how leaky the window really is or isn't.