Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pembroke MA window shopping (pt. 3)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:57 am 

Hi, I've made a couple of posts over the past 6 months or so and am just getting sooooo confused.

Orignially wanted schucco windows, but couldn't afford them...also didn't like the high pressure sales pitch by NE Sash.

So then decided $400/window would fit my budget and the only window so far to come in around budget is the Alside Excaliber ($437/window, installed, but not including capping around the outside).

So I signed the contract last night because I had heard good things about Alside....but then this morning search for Excaliber and read that most peeps on this board think it's crap!

What to do! what to do! I could try to cancel, but then I'm stuck with my single pane, unopenable windows still because I can't find a good pric/good window.

Seriously, I know this sounds weak, but someone, please tell me what to do!

:shock: :? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:29 am 
sorry to say but that seems like a sad deal for you. $437 and no capping does not seem right, your job will look horrible without capping (making a general assumption) make sure they cap with vinyl coated aluminum and your not to bad off. the excalibur is a descent window make sure you are getting low-e and argon as well and stop "knocking yourself out" and just do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:20 pm 

thanks for the help...

sure, you can help! like i said, i'm in pembroke MA and if you think you can get me a better deal, my # is 617.875.4620.

as for the capping...the sales guy said they could do it, but for an additional $60/window and that he wouldn't recommend it because i had shingles instead of siding and water would get trapped inside and rot my sills...

thanks!
amy

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:59 pm 

Hey there! I'm from Hull. While I can't recommend anyone, I just want to tell you that you did the right things. New England Sash is a real scam. They just want to get paid. If you have any problems, you're on your own. So don't feel bad because you couldn't afford them -- it turned out in your favor. Good luck!!