polaris window installer in akron ohio

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
duk748

polaris window installer in akron ohio

#1 Post by duk748 »

hello - would like to know of anyones reccommendations on a good installer in akron ohio for polaris windows - i am going to get the ultra welds & have 6 windows to replace starting next month - any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you

EcoStar Remodeling

Re: polaris window installer in akron ohio

#2 Post by EcoStar Remodeling »

Generally, we don't usually know about specific local installers. How did you come to decide on the Polaris?

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

Most manufacturers have a zip code based "dealer finder" on their website. If not, just contact them directly and ask for someone in your area.
The UltraWeld is a very nice window. If you are open to other choices, Softlite, HiMark, Okna, and Sunrise are at least as good. That might open you up to a wider range of dealer options.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

the Polaris Ultra is a solid window, i happen to like it. Polaris is in the midst of a slight design change on that particular series which Im pretty excited about.
when choosing a glass package, request the stainless steel spacer system; not that regular intercept is so bad, i just think its outdated. stainless steel has more longevity (in my opinion) as well as better thermal performance numbers. also order the window with a foam fill.
Polaris recently changed to Guardian glass.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

The Ultra is a very solid window and as long as you are happy with the contractor and have vetted them, that is a great window and should be a good install.

duk748

#6 Post by duk748 »

hello again & thank you for the help - after reading as much as i could about different windows i just made the decision to go w/ polaris - they are made in austintown ohio which is about 45min from akron - i contacted polaris & they gave me the name of their local retailer but would not make any reccomendations on an installer - after reading so many (and experiencing so many) bad installs & remodling problems i want to be sure i will get a nice job - i contacted the retailer & they expressed the same advice about not reccommending an installer - thank you again & i really appreciate the info -

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Strange, you would think they would be more helpful.
I would look at Installation Masters for an installer.
They may not be perfect, what is. But at least they had to go through more training than the one day mfg PR show.
Let me know if you have trouble finding some one and I will do further research.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

That is really strange. What type of retailer is this? A store that just sells windows? Most of the time, manufacturers like Polaris and the others mentioned sell through a network of dealers (that provide installation) or distributors (building supply houses) who would at least be able to recommend somebody.

duk748

#9 Post by duk748 »

hello again - they were a building supply house in akron - maybe it was just the person i talked to that day - thank you again for the help including the reccomendation - i also will do further reseach to see if i can locate someone - thank you again

HomeSealed

#10 Post by HomeSealed »

Those guys are usually to happy to send business in the direction of their better customers(contractors)... I'd talk to another rep there if you still have not found anyone.

TheWindowNerd

#11 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+1

JaniceAnn

#12 Post by JaniceAnn »

I live in Ashtabula not far from Akron or Austintown. A local dealer offers Seaway manufactured in Erie, Pa. and Polaris. The Polaris sounds promising, is the Ultra their best vinyl replacement? Looking for mid-range, did you get any quotes?

HomeSealed

#13 Post by HomeSealed »

The Op can comment on your other questions, but yes, the Ultra is the best offering from Polaris. Very solid choice.

JaniceAnn

#14 Post by JaniceAnn »

How would you rate the other lines, ThermalWeld and ValuSmart. Not sure what the price difference is between the three.

HomeSealed

#15 Post by HomeSealed »

Actually, I'm not a big fan at all of the other options. IMO, Polaris is one manufacturer that has a really nice "top-offering", but has a big drop off after that.