plygem premium window quote ?'s

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pmalavolti

Re: plygem premium window quote ?'s

#16 Post by pmalavolti »

i just heard from him with the real quote. $2820 installed, w/ .29 glass package, extension jambs, wrapping exterior casings. he is going to let me know how much more for the 3 pane and fiberglass option window.

pmalavolti

#17 Post by pmalavolti »

he said another 500-600 for the triple pane.

TheWindowNerd

#18 Post by TheWindowNerd »

If it is in your budget do the triple pane.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree. That is still some pretty aggressive pricing.

pmalavolti

#20 Post by pmalavolti »

thanks to all for the help. this is something i know nothing about. i hate making uninformed purchases.

HomeSealed

#21 Post by HomeSealed »

Consider yourself informed. :D .... I have a few ply gem products in my own home and they have served me well. I'd reiterate that they are not on the "cutting edge" of innovation, but it's a solid window and that deal would be hard to pass up, especially if this company is someone that you trust.

pmalavolti

#22 Post by pmalavolti »

i don't fully agree with the "you get what you pay for" thing. i sold retail for a while. the store owner would get mad at me all the time for telling people about better products with less mark up. so i know stuff like that exists. but more importantly, i did not want to overpay for crap. i walked into this not knowing much. consumer reports does'nt have an article for windows that i could find. i don't disposable income, but can afford to update my home with my tax refund. i own an average home, in an average neighborhood, so an average window is fine with me. as long the plygems will last, keep me cool in the summer and warm in the winter, i be fine with the purchase. again, thanks for all the help. this is a great board.

pmalavolti

#23 Post by pmalavolti »

i just got off the phone my guy. he was telling me about these Andersen 100 Series Fiberex windows. is there an opinion about these. he thinks he can get me these for the same price as the plygems.

HomeSealed

#24 Post by HomeSealed »

They are pretty, but the performance is nothing special and I have heard nothing but problems with that line. I'd stick with the Plygems or one of the premium choice mentioned earlier in the thread. If you want to look at composite and fiberglass options, Marvin, Starmark, and Inline are great picks.

TheWindowNerd

#25 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+1

pmalavolti

#26 Post by pmalavolti »

again, i want to think everyone for holding my hand though this process. my window guy came over the the plygem sample and a vinylmax sample. he was going to bring the anderson composite but said he would not sell it because he did not like it. he just found out about this vinylmax hyde park line and wanted to show it to me. it has a lifetime anything warranty. i.e. mechanics, gas, seals, glass breakage vs plygem premium 25 years. the vinylmax was a nicer looking unit, it was way heavier, and felt more rigid. both samples had the same features too. but i don't know if these things mean anything as far as performance. are the vinylmax "hyde park a better window than plygem? he told me the price difference is $10 more for the vinylmax. triple pane, foam filled, low e, full tear out and install. vinylmax-$3405, plygem-$3345.

pmalavolti

#27 Post by pmalavolti »

bump