Softlite here I come!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
sitedrifter

Softlite here I come!

#1 Post by sitedrifter »

Well, I had 10 new windows installed (Camelot by North east Building products) and while the windows are great, the installers were not good and I actually fired them before they finished the interior moulding.

With that, they were the only installers for these windows in Central NJ. I need 3 more windows, 2 double hung and a picture window. I looked at numerous windows and it seems Softlite Imperial windows are the ones I am going with.
Simonton 5500 was next choice but the Softlite's match the Camelot windows I have now, especially the truer white as compared to the blue/grey white of the Simonton.

I am getting 7/8" IG, Super Spacer, Argon/LowE, double strength glass and contour grids. (not in the picture window)

Wish me luck (will be posting more questions before they are installed)

Site

krasovic

#2 Post by krasovic »

Just got an estimate from an installer in the Trenton area. Seems very good. Who did you have problems with? I hope it's not the same guys we're probably going with.

sitedrifter

#3 Post by sitedrifter »

krasovic wrote:Just got an estimate from an installer in the Trenton area. Seems very good. Who did you have problems with? I hope it's not the same guys we're probably going with.
An Estimate on the Camelot Windows?

If so, where is your installer located? Do they have a website? What is there name?

The only other installer I could find in NJ was out of Cinaminason (spelling) NJ and they were too busy but were recommended as good people. Would have used them but again, they were too busy to give me a date of install within a month. If the dealer is not from Cinaminason then I would watch out.

Site