Never Bought WIndows... Need HELP ASAP....

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Windows on Washington

Re: Never Bought WIndows... Need HELP ASAP....

#16 Post by Windows on Washington »

amers22 wrote:To correct something I said earlier. The products being offered are:

Mastic aluminum or Alcoa aluminum
Mastic = Alcoa, they are one in the same now.

$1,000+ and opening (unless there are very involved installation requirements) is excessive in my opinion but without knowing the exact installation proposal, it is still impossible to comment specifically.

5" gutters are sufficient but for the small upgrade in cost, many customer opt for 6" gutters. 6" gutters are going to have more capacity and can allow you to eliminate a downspout in some cases.

The board is owned by ABC Leads. The reason that HomeSealed is so highly recommended is that we know his installation protocols, product, and general approach to the business. I also know him personally and he is a person of impeccable character and morals. I take who I might recommend very seriously and would not cast my support behind a company lightly without having the utmost assurance that the company I would recommend would treat the customer properly.

The Windows Wizards foam filling "scandal" with Okna was a dealer specific issue. Window Wizards was presenting the windows as foam filled and they were not. No other dealers reported any partially filled windows and all windows that were in question were retrofitted by Okna.

Okna now uses an inserted rigid foam and there is no potential for partial fill rates.

Todd is just jealous about my avatar because he has a man crush on me... :lol: :lol:

Delaware Mike

#17 Post by Delaware Mike »

Good stuff from WOW. Many of us on these forums know of the quality and integrity in which HomeSealed runs his operation. If I had family in his area, I would let no other work on their house other than his guys.

Windows on Washington

#18 Post by Windows on Washington »

Delaware Mike wrote:Good stuff from WOW. Many of us on these forums know of the quality and integrity in which HomeSealed runs his operation. If I had family in his area, I would let no other work on their house other than his guys.
Thanks.

By the way, I would say the same things and just as strongly recommend all the regular posters on this board. Whether it is anthony or Delaware Mike (I have personally worked with both on an installation and they both did great work), Randy in Texas, Window4U in Chicago, masterext in New Jersey, or TLH in Florida, they are all very solid guys and great contractors.

Windows on Washington

#19 Post by Windows on Washington »

Todd knows his stuff backwards and forward too in Minnesota but I don't know what areas he covers.

randy

#20 Post by randy »

HomeSealed and I have had our disagreements over the years, covered extensively here on the boards, but I too have the utmost respect for his professionalism and knowledge of the industry, as well as his integrity.

Are there other good contractors in the Milwaukee area? I'm sure there are, but I don't know any that I could recommend whole-heartedly. I wouldn't hesitate a second to recommend HomeSealed.

Will he be the cheapest? I would hope not, because he's committed to doing work that the homeowner is as happy with in 10 years as the day the work was finished.