Sunrise vs Pella Impervia

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
extzed

Sunrise vs Pella Impervia

#1 Post by extzed »

I'm looking at getting about 25 casement windows and I have talked to both the local Pella dealer and a Sunrise dealer and the quotes are in the same ballpark. From what I've read the Sunrise windows are a good choice, but I haven't had much luck finding any information specific to the Impervia line from Pella and wanted to get some feedback if I should be considering it or not.

Thanks for any help!

Windows on Washington

Re: Sunrise vs Pella Impervia

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The Sunrise casement is worlds better than the Impervia from Pella.

The Impervia is a half-hearted attempt at producing a fiberglass window from Pella and despite what some may call a superior material (fiberglass) the Impervia is light years behind the Sunrise offering in every measurable aspect of performance.

Slam dunk for the Sunrise sir.

The Sunrise is one of the top 3 casements out there in vinyl today as well.

extzed

#3 Post by extzed »

That was what I had been seeing, but I wasn't finding much information on the fiberglass line in general from Pella.

Thanks for the quick response!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

No worries.

You won't find much good press on Pella (regardless of line).

There are some decent wood offerings in the Pella family, however, the Impervia looks and performs like and after thought.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#5 Post by masterext »

windows on washington is spot on regarding pella; its a low quality offering regardless of the fact that its fiberglass. the sunrise offering is much better in every way. contrary to what some may say, a high quality vinyl is just as good as fiberglass but with the added benefit of having better performance numbers.
the only fiberglass window i endorse is Marvins Infiniti line. i do know of a company called "Inline" that supposedly make a good product as well but never saw it.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree with the above posters, Sunrise all the way. Marvin and Inline are better choices than Pella if you like fiberglass.

randy

#7 Post by randy »

My fellow pros are right on every point. I would add that the Sunrise casement is a new design, and it's very nice - great performance numbers and beautiful appearance.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The InLine fiberglass is very nice looking and great performance #s.
Depending on where your project is located you might be asble to find a distributor.