Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332


All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 7
Offline
TX Dept of Insurance has mfgr's/series info for approved windows but the series numbers do not always appear in the mfgr's literature. Thought the NFRC Certified Product Directory would help but found that homeowners cannot access it; seems shortsighted to me. Please refer me to a site that contains this information.

Also mfgr's do not include the NFRC label in their literature. It is not easy to compare windows without a standard format. Isn't anyone proud of their specs?

This board is great but it requires lots of superfluous reading and much of the information is sadly outdated, e.g. strong recommendations for Schuco windows and they have not been manufactured for years.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm
Posts: 1825
Location: Milwaukee, Madison areas
Offline
txn, anyone can indeed access the NFRC certified product directory. It is not the easiest site to navigate by any means, but you can access it. You could also ask your salesperson for the CPD number to make the look-up easier. On mfgr literature, generally those that have something to be proud of do showcase it in their lit (ie: Softlite & HiMark), while those that don't have much to brag about will make it more difficult to find those numbers.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:58 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Northern & Central Illinois, Chicago suburbs
Offline
confusedtxn wrote:

This board is great but it requires lots of superfluous reading and much of the information is sadly outdated, e.g. strong recommendations for Schuco windows and they have not been manufactured for years.



These two sister forums are the best resource on the internet for researching replacement windows. Are you suggesting they delete 10s of thousands of posts from the last 10 years of archives so that you don't have to run into an occasional outdated post?


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 am 

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 7
Offline
Window4U (IL) wrote:
confusedtxn wrote:

This board is great but it requires lots of superfluous reading and much of the information is sadly outdated, e.g. strong recommendations for Schuco windows and they have not been manufactured for years.



These two sister forums are the best resource on the internet for researching replacement windows. Are you suggesting they delete 10s of thousands of posts from the last 10 years of archives so that you don't have to run into an occasional outdated post?

No, it is just that when the dates are stripped off, it is easy to get sidetracked. I'm new here. I have found that there are dates on the more recent topics in the index.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3644
Location: DC Metropolitan Area-Maryland/Virginia/DC
Offline
Sorting through the information can be tough sometimes but feel free to post up any questions as they arise and we are happy to help you navigate through what we can.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:03 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:58 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Northern & Central Illinois, Chicago suburbs
Offline
confusedtxn wrote:
Window4U (IL) wrote:
confusedtxn wrote:

This board is great but it requires lots of superfluous reading and much of the information is sadly outdated, e.g. strong recommendations for Schuco windows and they have not been manufactured for years.



These two sister forums are the best resource on the internet for researching replacement windows. Are you suggesting they delete 10s of thousands of posts from the last 10 years of archives so that you don't have to run into an occasional outdated post?

No, it is just that when the dates are stripped off, it is easy to get sidetracked. I'm new here. I have found that there are dates on the more recent topics in the index.


Sorry, I was not aware the dates were stripped off the old posts in the archives.


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:57 am
Posts: 7
Offline
HomeSealed wrote:
txn, anyone can indeed access the NFRC certified product directory. It is not the easiest site to navigate by any means, but you can access it. You could also ask your salesperson for the CPD number to make the look-up easier. On mfgr literature, generally those that have something to be proud of do showcase it in their lit (ie: Softlite & HiMark), while those that don't have much to brag about will make it more difficult to find those numbers.


You are correct. The other day when I tried to access the CPD, a short questionaire came up and after filling that in and submitting it, I got an access denied response. Today, instead of the questionaire, clicking on "NFRC Products Directory Search" takes me directly to the CPD.

Your advice about getting the CPD number from the salesperson is good. For the Simonton Stormbreaker+ windows I am considering there are 42156 CPDs for the series 07-09 horiz sliders alone. Guess every conceivable combination of styles and options gets a unique CPD.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks


Top
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Relate TDI approved model numbers to mfgr series names
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:14 pm
Posts: 1825
Location: Milwaukee, Madison areas
Offline
That's what we are here for. :D


Top
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group