Semco Patio French Door

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
danicole

Semco Patio French Door

#1 Post by danicole »

I visited out local window/door/sunroom showroom to look at their Soft-Lite Elements windows and came across a patio door made by Semco that I thought looked very beefy. We were considering a Pella Arcitect Series french door but I like the looks Semco as well. I went home to do some research and not much comes up for Semco. There is a lot of negative reviews of their windows from 2001-2006 but I couldn't find anything more recent, especially about their doors. Anyone have experience with Semco? Any other recommendations for a exterior french door?

TheWindowNerd

Re: Semco Patio French Door

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

do you want hinged or sliding?
Size?
Do you want clad exterior?ainted or stained interior?
Blinds, grids, hardware, screens?
thewindownerd.

danicole

#3 Post by danicole »

anthony wrote:do you want hinged or sliding?
Size?
Do you want clad exterior?ainted or stained interior?
Blinds, grids, hardware, screens?
thewindownerd.
We want a french door, so it would be hinged. clad exterior and wood interior (so we can stain to match our oak trim). No internal blinds or grids but we do want a double storm screen door on the exterior. Hardware is oil rubbed bronze. Door size it standard.

I just signed over the weekend for Marvin Infinity windows and an Itergrity french door (Wood-Ulrex). It is pending on me going to the showroom and seeing one in person. It is fiberglass exterior and stainable pine interior. Any thoughts on this door?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

if you prefer a wood interior, Marvin is certainly the way to . if you want an all fiberglass, Marvin Infinity is the way to go. Pella offers an all fiberglass but its completet junk in my opinion and also not attractive at all.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

On a fiberglass french door, I prefer ProVia, or even Thermatru. I have not seen that Semco unit, however the products that I have seen/installed in the past would give me pause.