Window Estimates

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
bourbonnais

Window Estimates

#1 Post by bourbonnais »

I live in Bourbonnais,IL and I have been looking into getting new windows for my house I got 5 estimates from local window contrators in town The products are Wincore, Simonton, Silverline, Hyde Park Window, and Okna envirostar. okna seemed like the best window but more money I have been doing a lot of research on windows and I want the best product, but 27 windows is alot of windows to replace. what do you people suggest is the best window

TheWindowNerd

Re: Window Estimates

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The Okna 800DX is one of the nicest looking vinyl windows with unbeatable thermal and structural performance. It is not cheap, but in this case you get what you pay for.
You could ask the Okna dealer for a price on the 500DX, it is slightly cheaper, performance almost as good, but you will give up the sash handles for the lift rail.
Nine out of ten of my customers who are looking at HiMark/Okna get the 800DX.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1 on the Okna, easily the class of that bunch and one of the top choices made. I'm not sure where Bourbannais is, but if it is in the northern part of IL you would be well served by contacting Windows4U, a long time board pro. Great guy and he is very reasonably priced on that model... The above recommendation for the 500 series is very good as well if you are looking at a non-woodgrain color.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

HomeSealed wrote:+1 on the Okna, easily the class of that bunch and one of the top choices made. I'm not sure where Bourbannais is, but if it is in the northern part of IL you would be well served by contacting Windows4U, a long time board pro. Great guy and he is very reasonably priced on that model... The above recommendation for the 500 series is very good as well if you are looking at a non-woodgrain color.
Bourbonnais is 16 miles from my office and is my home town though I don't live there now. My partner lives there, out by Bon Vivant.
I heard Okna only gave the new dealer the 800 & 400 series so they don't have access to the 500.

bourbonnais

#5 Post by bourbonnais »

just met with my window contractor and i picked the okna envirstar, melrose cherry finish on the inside, thanks for the feedback on which window was the best i am replacing 13 windows for now, and then 14 windows in the fall, I also upgraded to the triple pane so I cant wait to see how much i will be saving on my energy bills

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

You could not have made a better choice on product, congrats! ... I still think that a quick conversation with Dave would be very beneficial, but like I said, excellent window choice. :D

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

What finish hardware on the inside did you get?