vinyl window parts

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
needyourhelp

vinyl window parts

#1 Post by needyourhelp »

Need your assistance. I purchased a property that has double-hung vinyl windows. Unfortunately, 11 of the windows glass are broken. I called a hand-full of window glass repair companies and the costs are very high starting at $95. I am interested in replacing the paneling. So instead of taking window paneling to a company that removes the broken glass and replaces, I want to purchase the replacement paneling that surround the glass that is removable. Does anyone have any suggestions? thanks, John

HomeSealed

Re: vinyl window parts

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Are you referring to the entire movable panel with the glass in it? That is called the sash. You would need to find out the manufacturer of the window and contact them to purchase that. You'll likely need the serial number as well.

Windows on Washington

Re: vinyl window parts

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

See if you can located the serial number inside the head jamb or on a sash. Start there and you might be able to just order the entire sash replacement for less money.