Window Selection or keep looking

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Kells

Window Selection or keep looking

#1 Post by Kells »

Hi,
I'm looking at putting in 3 Slider Windows in my finished basement.
2 Measure Approx 56" x 20" and the other 59" x 21"
I have 5 Quotes and need some advice on selection.

1. Home Depot - Simonton 6500 Series for $2350 Dbl Slider
Simonton 6100 Series for $1900 Dbl Slider
Both prices include installation etc.

2. Lowes - Reliabuilt / Atrium 3500 Series $1575 Dbl Slider
Pella Thermostar 20 Series $1630 Single Slider
Includes installation

3. A Saugas Insulation and Contracting window company - MI Windows / Certain Teed $2750
Includes Installation

4. NewPro - K360 Glass System - Celuca Composite for Frame with Triple Pane, Krypton gas for $6000 or Double Pane for $5000
Installation included

5. A Beverly Glass company who quoted me an Aluminum frame insulated window no Argon for $378 each window not sure if that included installation as I really stopped listening after he told me I didn't need much insualtion in my window?????

My experience with the sales guys varied from Creepy to Over Selling to just outright damn if I do damn if i dont sell you a window.

I will give the Lowes guy an A+ for doing a thorough job and the Newpro guy a B for starting well but then over selling.

Should I keep looking?
Who makes a good window?
Is Vinyl a good product?

PS The Newpro guy tells me that they are trying to stop the production of Vinyl? and its already happened in 12 countries!!!

All Advice greatly appreciated

Thank you
Paul

toddinmn

Re: Window Selection or keep looking

#2 Post by toddinmn »

I would take the Simonton 6500's out of that bunch. I'd try the search function for the best window.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

the Newpro guy lives in the "land of make believe" . Vinyl is one of the most versatile and environmentally friendly building products available. i also doubt the Newpro salesman really believes that nonsense.
i can tell you the MI/ certainteed are garbage as is the pella.
i would expand my search. i know nothing about Newpro other than the fact that the salesman pulls things from the sky.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Home Depot or the Atrium option seem fine.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

Newpro's window is vastly overrated. If you're interested in the stouter frame, the HiMark would be a better option.