Southern Arizona Window Choices

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
TucsonTom

Southern Arizona Window Choices

#1 Post by TucsonTom »

Before I ask for windows advice, I'd like to convey my thanks for the information this site provides to the average Joe Home Owner like me who buys windows maybe once or twice in his lifetime...quite a pool of wonderful information from which to pull and a helpful resource.

I have 7 single pane, simple aluminum frame slider windows on my circa 1970's Tucson home that need to be replaced with dual pane for efficiency and aesthetic reasons; the XO models measuring 36"X36", 72"X36", 72"X48" (4) and a XOX model measuring 96"X60". As a home owner who plans on living in this house for quite some time, I want it all (efficiency, durability, ease of operation, slim frame lines, etc.). After investigating various window manufacturer websites and using information provided on this site, I have narrowed my choices down to four, three vinyl frame and one fiberglass frame models. They are:

Sunrise Slimline
Vanguard
Simonton DaylightMax
Marvin Integrity All Ultrex

Keeping cost out of the equation, which of these windows would you recommend as my best option? Of course, I will be purchasing a window with the most efficient dual pane options offered by the manufacturer in order to combat the intense Tucson heat.

If I've missed a good window that you'd recommend, I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks!

randy

Re: Southern Arizona Window Choices

#2 Post by randy »

The Sunrise Vanguard would be my favorite out of the list provided - proven performer, solid company, and attractive appearance.

Marvin's all Ultrex Integrity is not only unattractive, but a poor performer as well.

You might contact Inline fiberglass to see if they have a dealer in your area.