Relative pricing sunrise vs. soft-lite

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
J-Windows

Relative pricing sunrise vs. soft-lite

#1 Post by J-Windows »

I'm getting lots of estimates in now, and I'm surprised to see all the sunrise coming in so much higher than soft-lite.

I have 3 soft-lite dealers and 3 sunrise dealers and 1 gorell dealer.

These are all same-feature comparisons (same installation, windows, colors, screens, grids, cladding, etc)

Pricing:
Soft-lite imperial LS = X (X = most expensive imperial LS quote)
Gorell = X * 1.12
Soft-lite elements = X * 1.24
Sunrise = X * (1.2 to 1.4)

I would have anticipated the sunrise coming in just above the imperial LS. But all the sunrise are coming in around and 10% higher than the elements.

Does that make sense? Is the sunrise a better window than soft-lite and gorell to demand the higher price? Or is it just soft-lites improved robotic manufacturing, etc?

The composite/wood clad/marvins etc come in at X * 1.57

It seems to me that the imperial LS is my best choice. But the fact it's the lowest price of the "good" windows is a bit concerning.

randy

Re: Relative pricing sunrise vs. soft-lite

#2 Post by randy »

Your instincts are correct, the Imperial LS is the best deal of the bunch - assuming that the glass packages are comparable and the installation details are equal.

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

+1

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I'd agree... If you are talking double-hungs or sliders, I'd actually take the LS over the Sunrise even if the price was equal. Both are in the same "tier" that's just my choice. In casements, the Sunrise may have an edge.