HomeSure & The Window Store - 'Marketing' Sales Pitch

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
malamore

HomeSure & The Window Store - 'Marketing' Sales Pitch

#1 Post by malamore »

I just had the Director of Marketing from The Window Store stop by my house and ask if he could give me new Thermalmaxx windows at there cost so they can do before / after pictures. It oddly reminded me of the movie The Tin Men where they used before / after pics as a sales gimmick. I've read up on Thermalmaxx windows and will probably ask for something else. However, has any heard about or does any do this type of marketing legitimately or is this a way to sell a job.

Thanks!

randy

Re: HomeSure & The Window Store - 'Marketing' Sales Pitch

#2 Post by randy »

It's a scam. If you want to listen to their sales pitch, fine, but get additional quotes on decent windows like Sunrise, HiMark, or Soft-lite so that you know what a reasonable price is. I'm sure you'll quickly see that the price quoted by the "Director of Marketing" is far above their cost.

HomeSealed

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. I can't comment specifically on that dealer, but 10 times out of 10 that is nothing more than a sleazy sales trick. In the end, get a few quotes and compare the bottom-line price on comparable products and installation practices.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

"Director of Marketing" equals "sales rep." Outfits like this have determined that the word "sales" is a negative term, thus they try to implement 30-years of sales techniques upon the public. I would be my life that they have never installed a single job at cost with no profit. I would advise running from any company that obtains their business with this sales model.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

malamore wrote:I just had the Director of Marketing from The Window Store stop by my house and ask if he could give me new Thermalmaxx windows at there cost so they can do before / after pictures.
The very idea that they would lose so much money just to get before and after pictures is a worse flag than the come-on itself.
I have almost 55,000 photos just on my laptop, let alone the 20+ years of cardboard boxes full of window and siding pictures I have from before I started using a computer.
This company doesn't have a hundred before and after pics they can sell jobs with? Maybe you were to be their first customer?? :?

Tell them I'll sell them 500 pictures for $5,000. That would be a great deal considering the $$$ they were going to take off your job. :lol: