Ellison Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
gregr

Ellison Windows

#1 Post by gregr »

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with Ellison windows. I am interested in the 1300 or 1500 series.

handyman19619

#2 Post by handyman19619 »

What do you need to know and what options are you getting?
Where do you live ? How much are you being charged for each type (D/H, slider,Casement)?

gregr

#3 Post by gregr »

handyman19619 wrote:What do you need to know and what options are you getting?
Where do you live ? How much are you being charged for each type (D/H, slider,Casement)?
Dear hanyman19619

I wanted to know about their quality. I am getting mostly double hungs w/gruds, low e & argon. Quoted a little less than 300 per window. I live in Connecticut.

Thanks,
Gregr

handyman19619

#4 Post by handyman19619 »

They have 3 grades available to most contractors. Kind of a good better ,best . Most of the difference is in the frame of the window.
At $300 with grids , lowE and argon. You got a very good price even for the lowest of their line,if that included installation. Their top of the line window is a nice window and at $300 installed is an bargin (jump on it)

gregr

Ellison vs Harvey

#5 Post by gregr »

Thanks Handyman. I can also get Harvey Classic Double Hungs (with low e & argon) for about the same price. Any preferences or advice?

handyman19619

#6 Post by handyman19619 »

Gregr
I have never seen a harvey window but I went to their web site.
The window looks good (at leat the picture did and they had nice things to say about their window)
The specs are all there but I like the balancing system on Ellison better. I prefer the constant force system above all the others,(spiral,or a string and a spring like harvey has) I have never dealt with Harvey on warranty issues b/4 so I cant say yes or no . I have dealt with ellison and have always been happy. The factory Reps have always gone out of their way to resolve manufacturing issues and give advice. Not saying Harveys wont. I just havent dealt with them B/4.

gregr

ellison vs. alside excalibur

#7 Post by gregr »

Thanks again Handyman.

My choices are down between the Ellison 1500, the Harvey classic double hung or possibly the Alside Excalubur.

Is the Excalibur a good window?

Gregr

john1234

Re: Ellison Windows

#8 Post by john1234 »

I got 17 of these windows in 2002 been sorry every since. They leak air like crazy and of course the dealer and installer are out of bus.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Ellison Windows

#9 Post by masterext »

Ellison are made by Atrium and are on the lower end of the quality spectrum. the poster above mentined air leakage. thats a common problem with lower end windows. they are better than silverline or pella vinyl but thats not saying much. i would look at higher end brands such as HiMark, Sunrise, soft lite, gorell, okna.