Window Recommendations for Oklahoma Texas area?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
RustyCan

Window Recommendations for Oklahoma Texas area?

#1 Post by RustyCan »

Hi, I live in Oklahoma and am currently shopping to replace my 20 year old aluminum windows with vinyl replacements. I've reviewed the Consumer Reports but this board says not to trust CR on windows because they only test/review windows that are primarily offered by giant window and home improvement companies and I've found this to be true ... I've looked at Pella (lowes), Theral Windows of OKC (offering an aluminum window that features a theral break to prevent heat/cold transference), Champion Windows (Nice window but 3x the money as all the others... $26K for 20 windows); It seems the more I look and the choices that are readily availble due to window marketing in my area the more confusing the task gets... Everyone's window and warranty is better than the other guys.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a window I may not be aware of in the Oklahoma Texas area? I found a reputable company that offers a Sunrise brand window that I may take a look at ... has anybody heard of Sunrise or do you know what else might be available?

Thanks for any help you might offer,
RC- Go Thunder !!!

Windows on Washington

Re: Window Recommendations for Oklahoma Texas area?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

3 words for you....research, research, research. Sunrise is a great option along with some others. There are plenty of great choices out there in the OK area and I wouldn't put the Pella or Champion in that category.

TheWindowNerd

Re: Window Recommendations for Oklahoma Texas area?

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Sunrise would be a great option to look at.

I met with Thermal Windows in Tulsa a couple of weeks ago. Their main thrust is thermally broken aluminum. They do alot of commercial work. They do have some units with low enough AL/AI, .09 or less.