Suggestions on vinyl replacement windows for central Florida

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lstarch

Suggestions on vinyl replacement windows for central Florida

#1 Post by lstarch »

I moved to central Florida from Minnesota and purchased a block/stucco home which is about 12 or 13 years old. The current windows are contractor grade single pane sliders.

There are 6 that I would like to replace, possibly 7. The 6 measure about 5" wide and 4 " high. THe 7th is a bathroom window that I would like to replace with glass block, but would consider other ideas.

I am familuar with Anderson and Marvin from up north, but here I have no idea what to consider.

Thanks in advance for any input/thoughts.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Suggestions on vinyl replacement windows for central Florida

#2 Post by masterext »

2 brands that immediately stand out in that area are gorell and PGT .

randy

#3 Post by randy »

As masterext said, PGT and Gorell are going to be two of the top choices available in Florida, as Okna, Soft-lite, and Sunrise don't have dealers there.

Florida is somewhat unique from the rest of the country in that you have to deal with the hurricane winds and resulting code requirements, so some of what you read here will not necessarily apply to your situation. There's a board pro in Florida (TLH Windows) that might jump in here soon and give you some guidance.

lstarch

#4 Post by lstarch »

Thanks for the input. Looked at PGT today and I'm going to have a sales person come by the house. I need to contact the Gorell dealer yet.

I had not heard of these companies, and am very thankful for the information.