Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Which window to choose?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm 

I live in the Charlotte, NC area and am going to replace 30 windows in my home. I have had several companies come out to pitch their windows/service (Andersen, Champion, Sears). Today a contractor who I feel comfortable with came out and suggested Wincore and Vinylmax.

I expect his quote will be considerably less than the others I have received. Are these windows of comparable quality to the others? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Which window to choose?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:14 pm 

benm1222 wrote:
I live in the Charlotte, NC area and am going to replace 30 windows in my home. I have had several companies come out to pitch their windows/service (Andersen, Champion, Sears). Today a contractor who I feel comfortable with came out and suggested Wincore and Vinylmax.

I expect his quote will be considerably less than the others I have received. Are these windows of comparable quality to the others? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

What model in each window line? The Wincore is basically a clone of the Simonton window. Most regard Simonton as a solid window but not in the upper echelon of products out there today.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:09 pm 

The Wincore 5400 was one suggestion however the contractor preferred the Hyde Park by Vinylmax. Am I correct that the Wincore 5400 is the same as the Sears "Plus" while the Wincore 7700 equals the Sears "Max"?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:16 pm 

benm1222 wrote:
The Wincore 5400 was one suggestion however the contractor preferred the Hyde Park by Vinylmax. Am I correct that the Wincore 5400 is the same as the Sears "Plus" while the Wincore 7700 equals the Sears "Max"?

Probably.

I do know that Sears now used the Wincore window.

I don't know the Vinylmax window that well, but the Wincore window is a solid piece.