Radiance Windows?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jplessel

Radiance Windows?

#1 Post by jplessel »

I've done my homework on most of my estimates but am having problems finding reviews of Radiance Windows? I have nine average size DH windows I'm going to replace. Here are the estimates. (I live in Lincoln, Ne)

SeriousWindows 501 per window $501 total $4505
Gorell 5100 per window $592 total $5328
Vantage Pointe 6100 per window $491 total $4422 (Home Depot I'm aware they use sub contractors which is a coin flip), like the window.
Sunrise Restoration per window $670 total $6030
Radiance per window $525 total $4725

I threw out the high and low bids which were:

Soft-Lite per window $1085 total $9762
Window World 6000 per window $261 total $2346

Any info on Radiance? Does anyone have issues with the six I'm looking at.
Does the Sunrise Restoration quote seem high?

Thanks in advance for any help.

HomeSealed

Re: Radiance Windows?

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

The restorations is easily the best window, and that price is not alarmingly high at all. The only other product that I'd consider there is the Gorell, just make sure that you are getting the newly revised offering of the 5100.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

I was going to look up the Radiance window to give you my thoughts, but while looking on the pathetic excuse for a website they have I realized that if they can't put together a website worthy of a 5 year old, then the windows must be pretty pathetic too. I decided not to waste my time researching them any further.

jplessel

#4 Post by jplessel »

Thanks for the input. I've narrowed down the list to three.

Sunrise Restoration
SeriousWindows 501
Gorell 5100 (Need to check to see if they are the new models)

SeriousWindows is still on my list because the contractor was very knowledgeable and was the only one who went over building code. If I get his windows I would have to hard wire fire alarms in my bedrooms and hallways since his window doesn't open at a minimum of 24". He also tested for lead in my paint (think it was silly but it is the law).

I like what Sunrise has to offer but am thinking the quote was a little high. Do you guys or gals think it would be worth while to get more quotes on the Sunrise Restorations? I live in Lincoln, so I could check the Omaha area.

Thanks for the help.