Which window to choose?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
benm1222

Which window to choose?

#1 Post by benm1222 »

I live in the Charlotte, NC area and am going to replace 30 windows in my home. I have had several companies come out to pitch their windows/service (Andersen, Champion, Sears). Today a contractor who I feel comfortable with came out and suggested Wincore and Vinylmax.

I expect his quote will be considerably less than the others I have received. Are these windows of comparable quality to the others? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Which window to choose?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

benm1222 wrote:I live in the Charlotte, NC area and am going to replace 30 windows in my home. I have had several companies come out to pitch their windows/service (Andersen, Champion, Sears). Today a contractor who I feel comfortable with came out and suggested Wincore and Vinylmax.

I expect his quote will be considerably less than the others I have received. Are these windows of comparable quality to the others? Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
What model in each window line? The Wincore is basically a clone of the Simonton window. Most regard Simonton as a solid window but not in the upper echelon of products out there today.

benm1222

#3 Post by benm1222 »

The Wincore 5400 was one suggestion however the contractor preferred the Hyde Park by Vinylmax. Am I correct that the Wincore 5400 is the same as the Sears "Plus" while the Wincore 7700 equals the Sears "Max"?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

benm1222 wrote:The Wincore 5400 was one suggestion however the contractor preferred the Hyde Park by Vinylmax. Am I correct that the Wincore 5400 is the same as the Sears "Plus" while the Wincore 7700 equals the Sears "Max"?
Probably.

I do know that Sears now used the Wincore window.

I don't know the Vinylmax window that well, but the Wincore window is a solid piece.