Jeld-Wen Ipex vs Sunrise Patio Doors

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
debooen

Jeld-Wen Ipex vs Sunrise Patio Doors

#1 Post by debooen »

I am looking for qualified opinions about the 2 following sliding patio doors w/ internal blinds.

We had a rep from the Jeld-Wen Design Center stop out and give us a quote of $2550.00 for an Ipex Sliding Patio Door w/ internal blinds. Tan on Tan.

A Sunrise rep quoted us $2975.00 for a very similar door w/ internal blinds, also tan on tan.

From what I've read, I can't go wrong with Sunrise but I wasn't real impressed with the company in Columbus that deals and installs the Sunrise doors. They have very limited reviews online and not much on Angie List either.

I've also read that Jeld-Wen doors from their Design Center are much better than the ones they sell at big box hardware stores. They seem to be very well built but I would prefer some opinions from people in the know.

Can anyone offer their opinion? We would greatly appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

Windows on Washington

Re: Jeld-Wen Ipex vs Sunrise Patio Doors

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

While I think it is one of the useful evaluation tools, a good Angie's list record does not necessarily make for a great installation.

What did you think of the company's salesperson and what was his product knowledge like? Do you have a few reference customers you can call on?

What are the installation details and provisions?

This matrix of evaluation tools is the approach that you need to take in order to find the suitable company.

In terms of the product, there is not much comparison between the two and the two company's reputations. The Jeld-Wen door might be great, but their reputation is far from it.

HomeSealed

Re: Jeld-Wen Ipex vs Sunrise Patio Doors

#3 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. The Sunrise is a top end door from a great manufacturer. I have not seen that specific model from Jeld-wen, but I can say that I have yet to see a product from them that I strongly recommend.