Paging Delaware Mike

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Phillies13

Paging Delaware Mike

#1 Post by Phillies13 »

I have been reading the discussion board on this website for awhile now. I am currently trying to decide between three windows...Okna/Himark 800, Soft Lite Imperial LS, and the Energex by Affinity. I have noticed that Mike seems to have a lot of interaction with all three of theses and was hoping to discuss each in more detail with him or even compare them side by side in the showroom if possible. Thanks in advance.

Windows on Washington

Re: Paging Delaware Mike

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Where are you located?

We have really good board pro coverage up North.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Old Mike has had his hands full with some really challenging installs over the last few weeks. What questions might I address for you?

Phillies13

#4 Post by Phillies13 »

Mike, I tried clicking on the quote button so that you would have my contact information but it doesn't seem to work.

Phillies13

#5 Post by Phillies13 »

Basically, I am trying to determine the major difference between the Energex Elite and Energex Advantage. I am not sure if there is difference in the frame of those two windows or is it just the glass package? Also I know they are a relatively new company so they dont have a track record yet to back their longevity or warranty, but have you been happy with them?

The quote I received for the Energex is almost $3,000 less than the LS and Okna, is it worth that much money to go with one of them?

WOW - thanks, I have contacted Wayne and he will be out shortly to show me some stuff.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

We have zip codes that we list for the areas that we cover. Perhaps I didn't list all that many in the Philly area? You're in great hands with Wayne. I owe Wayne some favors, so I really feel it would be a conflict for both of us to bid against each other anyway.

The Elite series has the lock and tilt mechanisms combined into one system based upon the locks and internal actuators. The Advantage series has a nice traditional top mounted sweep lock system and regular top mounted tilt actuators, not hidden internal like the Elite. Also, the Elite has the magnetic bottom sash to sill seal. The Elite also has the BetterVue screening. Everything else is exactly the same on the two series.

The owner and key operations of the Affinity operation have been in the vinyl industry forever. They seem to growing a nice steady comfortable pace. I don't think long term warranty issues should be a real issue. All of the components that make up the Energex window are top notch. With that being said, I love the Soft-Lite LS/Elements and the OKNA products. You can't go wrong with any of these windows provided that they are installed in the hands of experienced skilled professionals.

I know what kind of work Wayne and his guys perform as I've worked along side them and they're the best. You're going to like what you see and hear from him.

Phillies13

#7 Post by Phillies13 »

Mike, thanks for the response, I really appreciate your input. I wasn't looking for you to bid against Wayne, I am just trying to get the opinion from someone who works with all three windows. I know that both the LS and Okna window are probably a step up from the Energex but I am just trying to determine if it is worth an extra $220 per window. The qoute I have for the Energex is with the Advantage glass package, upgrade to tilt locking mechanism, and better vue screens. The Energex company I have heard good things about with their installation and they also follow lead protocols. So its sounds like installation may be comparable for all of them, I am just trying to compare the windows side by side to determine which is the best option. I want to place a solid window in my house that will last for awhile but do it a reasonable price too. Eventually I will do all 25 windows so the Energex could save me $5,500 when it is all said and done.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

What was the Energex quoted at on a per unit basis where it was $220 cheaper than the other options.