Need a good window install in Cincinnati

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Eb13

Need a good window install in Cincinnati

#1 Post by Eb13 »

Hi

Looking to get 21 windows replaced mostly 3 x 6 double hung. Had 2 reps come out thus far from pella and wallaby but would like a third quote and I really don’t want to deal with the high pressure sales pitch that lasts for hours Just give me an honest quote for a good window that has a great install team. The pella quote was high for the offering and wallaby was fair but not loving the chunky simonton 5500. They have the alside mezzo and said they could reinforce with steel but hesitant based on what I’ve read.

Would prefer cardinal glass with a good frame but looking for insight. Thanks all.

Windows on Washington

Re: Need a good window install in Cincinnati

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

You married to a particular frame material?

Eb13

#3 Post by Eb13 »

Hi

Not necessarily. Vinyl or fiberglass is what seemed the most logical in terms of balance of cost and performance. But I’m open to other ideas

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Start with looking for what are routinely thought of as the quality vinyl and fiberglass brands in your region.

Soft-Lite, Sunrise, Okna, Polaris in vinyl.

Marvin, InLine, Fibertec in fiberglass.

Eb13

#5 Post by Eb13 »

Hi

Yes makes sense, do you know of an installer in this area based on my initial remarks who has any of those offerings?

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

Let me ask around.

Eb13

#7 Post by Eb13 »

Thank you graciously!

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

Windows Direct Cincinnati, Chris is a part of our community here and runs a great operation down there. I'd highly recommend reaching out.

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1. Was trying to remember that and he just posted on the Green board.

He's a good guy.

Crystal

#10 Post by Crystal »

Seeking reputable window installation in Cincinnati for 21 replacements, primarily 3x6 double hung. Requesting a third quote without enduring lengthy, high-pressure sales tactics. Prioritizing honesty, quality installation, and Cardinal glass.
Last edited by Crystal on Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eb13

#11 Post by Eb13 »

Chris Might be, but his sales guy spent 3 hours here after I told him not to and after I told the person I set the appointment up with it should only take an hour. Between their call center and the nonsense sales pitch, I’m less than impressed. It’s hard to drop that kind of money when the team of people you talked to just ignore your request and keep on the pitch script. I don’t need the dumb fake questions, lamps and all that after I tell you I have already had multiple quotes did a ton of homework and tell you the specs I’m looking for on the coatings and windows. Just quote and get out. Chris is probably a good guy but he has the same bad approach as the other big window companies.

windowsdirectusa

#12 Post by windowsdirectusa »

Eb13 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:10 pm Chris Might be, but his sales guy spent 3 hours here after I told him not to and after I told the person I set the appointment up with it should only take an hour. Between their call center and the nonsense sales pitch, I’m less than impressed. It’s hard to drop that kind of money when the team of people you talked to just ignore your request and keep on the pitch script. I don’t need the dumb fake questions, lamps and all that after I tell you I have already had multiple quotes did a ton of homework and tell you the specs I’m looking for on the coatings and windows. Just quote and get out. Chris is probably a good guy but he has the same bad approach as the other big window companies.
EB13. I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience with our rep. They should have listened to your timeframe request. If you'd give us another chance I'd love to help out. I know that we can deliver a quality product and installation that will leave you satisfied long after your experience with our rep fades away. Chris@windowsdirectusa.com

Ricknez

#13 Post by Ricknez »

eb13,
Not to defend the gentleman Chris but perhaps I am. I do think the sales rep was just doing his best and ensuring that you received accurate and complete information. The heat lamp is not some kind of a gimmick as it demonstrates in an "easy to understand way" as to how the glass works to the homeowners benefit.
You would be surprised as to how many homeowners complain a salesman wasnt comprehensive enough and expected a more in depth presentation based on the amount of money they expected to invest in new windows.

Windows on Washington

#14 Post by Windows on Washington »

Can be frustrating process when you think you understand what you need and what you want and a consultant has a process that they follow. Kind of an unfortunate no win scenario on that case as the consultant needs to follow their process as prescribed by the company. This is the only true way to create a formulaic, enforceable, and measurable process. In an organization where you allow the consultants "audible" and decide what they are going to do, the presentation and education of the client usually suffers.

I am sure that if you reached out to Chris, they could probably get it figured out for you and maybe save the project on the whole. I can tell you that I have personally invested way more than 4.5 hours in far lesser projects...so there is that option.