Okna for sound abatement in South Jersey

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kpower03

Okna for sound abatement in South Jersey

#1 Post by kpower03 »

Hi, our house is right on a very busy road and I’m finding that the traffic noise interferes with sleep on a regular basis so we’re looking to replace the windows (which appear to be basic builder-grade double pane vinyl).

We got a quote for 24 Okna DH 500dx at $17,400. From all of my online research, it sounds like laminated windows would best help dampen the sound. Though the salesperson at the company who quoted us said they basically never do laminate, and he thought just the 500s would be a significant improvement over what we currently have. I reached out again for a quote on the 800 series with laminated glass.

So with the new information about laminated windows, I’m now thinking that all of the windows facing the busy street (including an enclosed porch that has 7 windows), should all be laminated. Would this be the best investment? We bought the house 2 years ago and intend to stay for 30+ years.

Also, does anyone have recommendations on window companies that install Oknas in South Jersey? We’re about 20 min from Philly. Feel free to DM/reach out directly. Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Okna for sound abatement in South Jersey

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

https://www.replacement-windows.com/win ... hp?t=10809

Okna does have a sound control glass option that is as good at the laminated glass and less expensive. It's been tested in their 600 series window and I think is available in that series as well as the 800 and EVO.

Checking with a long time poster to see if they still cover NJ. What part of NJ are you in?

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Okna for sound abatement in South Jersey

#3 Post by masterext »

Okna's sound reduction glass on the 600 series has a better rating than their laminated glass option and its less expensive. We go from bergen county to union county and everything in between. There is a Philly guy somewhere on the board.