Interior Trim Piece Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
SongofSiena

Interior Trim Piece Question

#1 Post by SongofSiena »

I am getting quotes from companies, and several have added on a charge for interior quarter-round for the pocket inserts. This has been as much as $300 for 9 windows. None of the brochure pictures show this trim piece, their showroom windows did not have it, and my parents just purchased inserts and no trim pieces were needed. (There were no gaps at all between the sill/frame and vinyl). I am also concerned that I may not be able to use my current blinds if this piece is used. Is it really necessary? Is it being used to cover gaps from the installation?

Thank you very much.

HomeSealed

Re: Interior Trim Piece Question

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Every home is different, so some need it and some don't. If you have casements existing, you'll always need them. That price is very reasonable as well... As for the blinds, it all depends on how they are hung. If you post a couple pics we can probably give you some more specific guidance on both topics. :)

TheWindowNerd

#3 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Another option to qtr round is RWD Extender trim.
This is a flat vinyl trim peice with a preapplied acrylic adhesive.
Works great to cover small gaps and reciever grooves.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

Every install is different but quarter round (shoe moulding) or quik trim (as anthony mentioned) are pretty much the two most common options.

Have the installer show you what it looks like with and without and decide then.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

The flat vinyl trim has no impact on your blinds.