Best Installers - Greenville SC

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Hertzgog

Best Installers - Greenville SC

#1 Post by Hertzgog »

Hello all!

I am in the Upstate of SC and have wood rot issues in several window areas. Looking at repairs and painting is going to cost upward of 7K from the first quote I've received! We are now considering replacing our wood windows with Vinyl and having the trim / sill wrapped. We have approx. 19 double hung windows (11 in the front, these are the ones of concern right now) and a few larger fixed (one that will likely need replacing).

Does anyone have an opinion of who the best window installer is in the upstate? I know that a good window is worthless without a good install.

I'm also concerned there is hidden damage that will not be evident until the existing windows are removed. I've heard from a neighbor that the previous owner had water penetration issues they had to address. I think the repair work done then was very sub-par which led to several windows not closing properly (gaps, and not lining up). The person I look to hire will need to be competent with these types of repairs as well.

I'd also be interested in hearing negative reviews and who to avoid as well.

Thanks in advance for any guidance / feedback provided!

Hertzgog

Re: Best Installers - Greenville SC

#2 Post by Hertzgog »

Also, have been looking at Windows Inc. from a recommendation from a friend. They sell Magnolia windows, but I can not find anything about this brand...

Hertzgog

#3 Post by Hertzgog »

Another update... unfortunately, it seems there is not a local dealer / installer in my area for the much touted Simonton brand.

What are others that come highly recommended, in order of precedence?

Thanks again!

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Tough to say.

Sometimes you need to see what is out there a work backwards from there.

Other brands that have good distribution are Soft-Lite and Sunrise.

Hertzgog

#5 Post by Hertzgog »

I've got someone scheduled for this evening that sells Magnolia windows. I'm pretty sure the crappy wood windows we have are Magnolia... the new ones (vinyl) have a 20 yr warranty... are these worth considering?