Bainbridge vs. Window World 6000 in Omaha

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
SongofSiena

Bainbridge vs. Window World 6000 in Omaha

#1 Post by SongofSiena »

I have quotes for the Soft-Lite Bainbridge (1 new, 2 small casement, 6 slider inserts) at $5200, and WW 6000 at $4400. Is the Bainbridge worth the extra $$? These are installed quotes.

I also received a price on 6 Simonton casements for $6200, before I considered sliders and adding 2 more. If Simonton is superior, I will ask for a slider quote.

Ply Gem came in at 7000, and didn't seem to be much better than the others above.

Anything else I should consider? The Bainbridge is triple-pane, but, "the special does not include Super-Spacers".

Thank you for the input. It is much appreciated as I try to sort this all out.

HomeSealed

Re: Bainbridge vs. Window World 6000 in Omaha

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Is the WW6000 triple pane as well?... I'd say that the Softlite choice is worth the premium regardless, but if you are comparing triple vs double, then it is really a no-brainer. The Softlite is a superior product which will be shown in a comparison of the performance ratings, and assuming that that you are dealing with a respectable company, you have a higher likelihood of a superior install as well. The "bargain window company" business model that WW made famous generally pays their installers a fraction of the "going rate".
On Simonton and Plygem, each have pretty decent windows in their higher-end offerings, however neither are worth paying a premium for IMO.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Yes.

Besides having better performance numbers and thermal data (when comparing apples to apples), the Bainbridge is a prettier unit and will give you more glass.

TheWindowNerd

#4 Post by TheWindowNerd »

As Homesealed alluded the install should be much more reliable with the Soft-lite company. Additionally the product is better as staed by both pros above.

SongofSiena

#5 Post by SongofSiena »

I really appreciate your expertise and time spent giving the above input. Is there any other brand I am overlooking? Can't locate an okna dealer here. Champion cancelled the appointment. Target Elite called but looks like bainbridge is superior. Thanks again.

HomeSealed

#6 Post by HomeSealed »

Sunrise is another top tier line, and Gorell is making some nice stuff these days as well... Just not sure what is available in Omaha.