Sunrise Restorations Quote Review

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cldpepper

Sunrise Restorations Quote Review

#1 Post by cldpepper »

Hi,

I receieved a quote from a dealer/installer in our area for 9 Sunrise Restorations double hung, triple pane, argon windows. They are all custom sizes. 8 windows are 44"x64". The 9th window is 32 1/2"x69 1/2". They have no grids or other bells and whistles to them. The install price is included with aluminum cladding to be removed and replaced. The quote is $9,644. It seems high to me. I'm I right or wrong, in your opinions? If agreed that the quote seems high, what would be the fair price I should be trying to negotiate to?

Thanks for you input in advance.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Sunrise Restorations Quote Review

#2 Post by masterext »

its not totally crazy.. that said, i would need to see the scope of the install..
it is a very nice window, one of the best out there.

cldpepper

#3 Post by cldpepper »

This is the scope as written,

“Furnish and install Enviro Design (Sunrise Restorations) double hung windows into existing openings. All windows AR-90 R-8 glass, triple-pane. All windows are white interior and exterior. All the exterior clad will be removed and new installed. All interior trim will remain as is. All labor, materials and clean-up included. Total: $9,644.00”

I know this is fairly vague. What I can add is that the 8 large windows have an granite interior window sill that is held inplace with knotty pine trim. The house is a remodeled envelope house so the window are recessed a few inches. The 9th window, I was told they would have to get behind the vinyl siding and cut the nails/screws from the fitting trim to remove it.

I've tried to post some pics, but seem to be unable to.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

I don't like to step on anyone's toes, but I'd be lying if I did not say that it sounds very high unless there are some major details that you are leaving out. Anytime you even approach $1k per window, you had better have a Cadillac option package and/or major installation difficulties. For white with no grids and a standard replacement style installation (with capping), I'd personally give a range of $550-$750 (give or take a few bucks) per window as reasonable.

cldpepper

#5 Post by cldpepper »

No, that's pretty much it. The warranty on the windows is excellent. Transferable lifetime with no limits other than installation. Since you are Milwaukee area, you might know of the dealer/installer. They are out of Madison. Very well recommended in the area, but I think I will have to discuss the price further with the rep.

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

As a fellow Sunrise dealer I can tell you that the Restorations is a very nice window, and it's one of the more expensive product lines for us dealers to purchase. That pricing does seem to be at the upper threshold of what I've seen it sold at without any real options.

I think contacting HomeSealed would prove to be a very wise choice at this point if he serves your area. Brandon/HomeSealed is one of the very best in the business.

Windows on Washington

#7 Post by Windows on Washington »

Delaware Mike wrote:As a fellow Sunrise dealer I can tell you that the Restorations is a very nice window, and it's one of the more expensive product lines for us dealers to purchase. That pricing does seem to be at the upper threshold of what I've seen it sold at without any real options.

I think contacting HomeSealed would prove to be a very wise choice at this point if he serves your area. Brandon/HomeSealed is one of the very best in the business.
+2

Based on the installation details that I see, that pricing is a bit out of what I might expect to see.

All of that being said, at the end of the day if you feel that company will do the project right and cover you on all aspects of the project, that may be a premium worth incurring.

If I owned a home in your area and needed windows though...HomeSealed would get my business.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

HomeSealed

#8 Post by HomeSealed »

cldpepper, most of the higher end manufacturers will offer a similar Lifetime, transferable warranty on their products, it is not unique. In addition, many dealers will offer a lifetime warranty on installation/labor. I believe that there is only one dealer of that window in the entire state, so I am indeed very familiar with them.
My recommendation would be to get a couple additional quotes on comparable products such as HiMark/Okna, and Softlite Elements.

cldpepper

#9 Post by cldpepper »

HomeSealed, looking at your website, it looks like you don't service Sauk City. I'm I right on that? I'm interested in getting a HiMark/Okna comparison quote. Would you extend this far or recommend a dealer in the area?

I just had Champion come in and the quote was MUCH more appealing. About $650 per window. They were the double pane comparable. As a side note, the Sunrise Restorations quote I informed you about was actually the double pane pane price, $9,644. The rep quoted us on the triple (even higher) and later called and told us Sunrise offered some coupons for no charge upgrades to triple panes at the double pane price.

I like the 'I' beam fiberglass support in the Sunrise Restorations. I see the the HiMark/Okna has a similar support. Champion only offered foam interior, but the warranty was good on the Champion too.

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

cldpepper,

Try clicking his name. If it goes through, he will service your area. I think HomeSealed has taken projects at those lengths for web board folks given that they are the best crop of customers around.

2 hours is no biggie in my world and it took me 2 hours to cover 35 miles the other day on the beltway. Traffic... :(

cldpepper

#11 Post by cldpepper »

Good to know and good advice. Its worth a shot. I just put in an online quote request. Thanks.

HomeSealed

#12 Post by HomeSealed »

You'll here from us today cldpepper. :wink:

cldpepper

#13 Post by cldpepper »

Sounds good. Appreciate that...