UltraWeld vs Softlite Pro vs Imperial LS

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
tmal14

UltraWeld vs Softlite Pro vs Imperial LS

#1 Post by tmal14 »

I'm currently trying to decide between the following windows cost is a factor, but won't be the deciding factors. I'm more concerned with the build quality, and performance. While I would like my windows to look great, I'm more concerned about them working, and holding up over the next 20+ years.

The three windows I've narrowed down to are

Polaris UltraWeld at 490/window
Soft-Lite Pro at 532/window (after possible energy rebate)
Soft-Lite Imperial LS at 571/window (after possible energy rebate)

I would love the LS, but I'm not sure it's worth the additional cost on a per window basis. With that being said between the UltraWeld and the Soft-Lite Pro, the dealer I'm working with says the Ultraweld is a much bulkier window than the SL Pro and won't look as nice. Unfortunately there aren't any real world comparisons besides the tiny double hung windows they show you during the demos, even then its not side by side with other brands.

Should I be worried that skimping on the cost and going with the UltraWeld will be a mistake athletically compared to the other two options? I would like the windows to be cheap, without looking cheap, but I also want a superior performing window.

Some of the windows will be wood grain, are there any differences in the look of wood grain between the companies? That might help make my decision if one is cheaper looking then the other.

HomeSealed

Re: UltraWeld vs Softlite Pro vs Imperial LS

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Those are pretty good prices on all three choices, and I can honestly say that you won't go wrong with any of the three. If it were me, I'd go with the best product of the bunch which is the LS. The pricing is pretty close in the grand scheme of things (when you are talking about a purchase that you expect to perform for 20+ years), and I'd say the LS is one of the top windows made. For longevity, I'd put the Pro last as it is the oldest design and while it is a sound choice, it is not as stout as the other two.
On woodgrains, the Softlite options will obviously be the same, and the Polaris will have a slightly different offering.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

What is the deal about the energy rebate and is that same rebate available on the Polaris?

In terms of just the products, I would give the LS a slight nod over the UltraWeld but not by much.

I don't think you can go wrong with either unit in that case.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

The Ultraweld is the clear winner if you're on a budget. As far as looks go, you'd have to decide what looks best and how much you are willing to pay for it. I do not how much more glass space would be lost but the larger the window the more irrelevant it becomes. Maybe have the LS dealer price out the Bainbridge line as it is pretty good at what it does.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

toddinmn wrote:The Ultraweld is the clear winner if you're on a budget. As far as looks go, you'd have to decide what looks best and how much you are willing to pay for it. I do not how much more glass space would be lost but the larger the window the more irrelevant it becomes. Maybe have the LS dealer price out the Bainbridge line as it is pretty good at what it does.
I meant to say that the LS has a slight nod in overall performance.

At that price point, I also think the UltraWeld is a better value and especially if it is available for the same energy rebate.

I agree with you 100% on the Bainbridge....well said!! :lol:

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

prices seem fine. i would give a slight nod to the imperial and over time, the upcharge doesnt add up to much.