Window Depot Company (Selling Republic and Schuco)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
InfoSponge

Window Depot Company (Selling Republic and Schuco)

#1 Post by InfoSponge »

Can anyone provide information on the company called Window Depot. Apparently, they have 20 or so small offices spread in the central and western US and sell lines such as Schuco and Republic (I think they own a stake in Republic). They are headquartered and founded in Little Rock, AR (actually a subhurb called Sherwood, I think) with the parent co or founders being part of Venable Windows. They seem fairly legit, but I can't find a web site or much information. There are some Window Depot web sites, but I can't find one matching the above profile.
Last edited by InfoSponge on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windowman pa

Window Depot

#2 Post by windowman pa »

I have a local Window Depot dealer in my area who sells Softlite windows & calls them Window depot! :roll:

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#3 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

I've not heard of them, but we have a pest locally called window wholesalers and they claim to be able to get any window and sell at wholesale. How much of this is true I don't know but I see a trend thats disturbing. Window mfrg's supply outways the demand and their are somewhere around 1500-2000 window mfrg's. All these plants need volume to survive and they no doubt have concerns about the Chinese and their products cutting them off at the knees. So what's happening that concerns me is Window World type co's springing up all over and co's that wholesale to the public.
Establishing a strong presence in you local seems to be the answer, but I'd sure like to hear what the pro's have to say about this. When I started is this business there were four vinyl window dealers in town, now there are over a hundred.

HipKat

#4 Post by HipKat »

Actually, that'd be about 340 manufacturers.
Maybe 1500-2000 dealers...

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#5 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

Actually I don't think anyone knows, but I'd bet you a pretty expensive lunch theres over a thousand.