thermotite windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rayray

thermotite windows

#1 Post by rayray »

They are supposed to guarantee your energy savings, but I challenge anyone to show me their savings. They brushed me off saying that I called them beyond the one year after install. That is wrong. I am contacting the BBB and may file lawsuits. I wish I have done more due diligence before hands.

windowmannjny

#2 Post by windowmannjny »

rayray-where do you live, and exactly what were they supposed to save you, i am familiar with the company and they are reputable i will try to help

The U Factor

#3 Post by The U Factor »

the website says the following

"We can't promise exactly how many gallons or dollars you'll save, but with Thermo-Tite windows you will see noticeable savings! "

Also two listings on the BBB, one with over 30 complaints

I don't see a thermo-tite window on the NFRC, exactly who manufactures the window they put in your home?

rayray

#4 Post by rayray »

well, in their advertisement, they guarantee over 30% saving. I changed everything except one bow window. They still say they will guarantee 25%. Now when I call them to discuss the savings, the manager, also name Ray, called me yesterday (3/1/06) and said I should have called them within a year of installation. You know what, I bet if I had called them a year earlier, they would have asked me to wait a year to see the savings.

I live in Valley Stream, NY. Feel free to email me if you think you can help me. The email is sogreat@yahoo.com.

The person who sold me the window was "Michael Eisner".

I think they manufacture their own windows, right? Speaking of their website, do you see any of the testimonies on their website say anything about energy savings? Yes, it is nice if they can do a good job installing the windows, but where are my energy savings?

Just by the fact that they brush me off when I complain makes me think that they are an dishonest company. If I had reviewed the BBB complaints, I wouldn't have gone with the company. They have 3 complains on product quality in the last 12 months. Accounting for 25% of all complaints.

The lesson I learned is that never succumb to sales tactics. No matter how much discounts they give me on the spot, don't sign right away. And do you due diligence and ask for reference. I couldn't get any of their reference to check because they said it was a privacy issue. [/quote]

windowmannjny

#5 Post by windowmannjny »

would you have not gone with them because they had 3 complaints over the last 12 months? does anyone even know criteria the BBB uses to "define" a complaint, i hate to say it, but i am so sick of hearing how good the BBB is and how good consumer reports is. you were obviously comfortable with your choice when you signed the contract and left a deposit. 3 complaints over quality on over 3400 jobs is less than .0001%
( i think i did the math right) that means 3397 people were happy. people run to the BBB so quickly now-a-days that is why I dont want to be a member. as for your guarantee as with any company who uses a fuel saving in writing you must change all of your windows (that includes your bow)...some companies make you change allyour doors as well. to even understand those rebates and take advantage of them you need a MBA from Harvard, to those who do have this MBA maybe you can help further. all nad all do you feel a difference before and after the windows were installed and does your home look nicer? i hope so sorry if i went on a tangent but it is snowing and i cant install windows today.

The U Factor

#6 Post by The U Factor »

[quote="windowmannjny"]would you have not gone with them because they had 3 complaints over the last 12 months? does anyone even know criteria the BBB uses to "define" a complaint, i hate to say it, but i am so sick of hearing how good the BBB is and how good consumer reports is. you were obviously comfortable with your choice when you signed the contract and left a deposit. 3 complaints over quality on over 3400 jobs is less than .0001%
quote]

does the BBB list how many jobs were done? How did you get that number (3400)?

Do you know what kind of window Thermo-tite installs windowmannynj?

windowmannjny

#7 Post by windowmannjny »

hey U i got the #3400 from the 2004 edition of "Qualified Remodelor" magazine. they are big in my area and run up against them often. as far as the window type i have seen their brochures and it looks o.k. to me.

The U Factor

#8 Post by The U Factor »

thanks, does anyone know what kind of window they have??

rayray

#9 Post by rayray »

3 complaints out of 3400 doesn't mean the other 3397 are satisfied. I, for one, has not filed.

Triple P

#10 Post by Triple P »

How many times did those three complaints try to contact thermotite first. Probably a lot. How many people got frustrated and just gave up. Actually filing a complaint with the BBB takes some effort. If there are three complaints on record how many unhappy customers are floating around out there.

rayray

#11 Post by rayray »

Here are the specs of my windows:
1. National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) certified.
2. comfort tech DH window
3. Vinyl frame, double glazed.
4. Comfort Tir LowE & Argon Gas
5. Energy performance ratings: UFactor: .32 Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: .39 Visible Transmittance: .50 Air Leak : --

Are these #s any good.

HipKat

#12 Post by HipKat »

r-value 3.2

ANOTHER WINDOW GUY

#13 Post by ANOTHER WINDOW GUY »

If you purchased your windows because of a fuel savings pledge...........than two fools met. The one that lied to you and believed what they were telling was gospel and you for accepting it. That might seem a little harsh but that's pretty much what's going on. Without a very accurate assessment of your floor to window area, directions that the windows are facing and selective low-e and on and on and on the sales people are just blowing smoke. And to figure it all out you practically have to be a rocket scientist.
Window co's that use this sales approach probably had good intentions when it all started, but by the time the info was delivered to the customer it gets rather misleading. There are many sites on the internet that well give you some fairly accurate potential savings that can be expected from replacing your windows wether it be with double or triple glaze.
In as far as complaints from the BBB or where ever, any co thats been around a while well have them. It's not a perfect world but what you should also ask is how many were settled properly.
I might add one of the biggest reasons for these disputes lies in the original salesperson overstating their product and unsatisfory installation methods.