Grid Question

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jbrandwein

Grid Question

#1 Post by jbrandwein »

You guys have been extremely helpful with your information, so I want to thank you. You have made a big decision much easier. I do have one last question however. I have 3 picture windows I am replacing and with each one, they have 2 small double hung windows next to each (like half the width of a regular). Is there a standard grid format for those that you choose/recommend to your customers (4 over 4 or 6 over 6)?

Thanks again,
Jeff

jbrandwein

Re: Grid Question

#2 Post by jbrandwein »

Just to add a little more information, the side double hung windows are 20 inches wide (about 13.5 inches of actual glass).

Thanks again!

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

I would just let the installer use what are default patterns for that size.

The are engineered as such so as to maintain a consistent look for spacing.

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. Grids/grilles/muntins can sometimes be difficult to specify, given that some quote by sash (HxV), and others by full window. For 20" W Dh's , I'd recommend one vertical bar and one horizontal bar per sash (cross hairs). I'd venture to guess that most if not all manufacturers would default to that as standard anyway. :D

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Yep, 4/4, 2 wide 2 high, 2v2h lites or 1v1h muttin, all the same just how ya say it.
It is important to speak the language of what ever particular brand you choose.
theWindowNerd...