Sun Clean

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
KT

Sun Clean

#1 Post by KT »

Has any one heard of Sun Clean
It is suppose to be a coating on the glass that makes it self clean

I have the simiontion rep coming over next week to do the paper work on the windows that we want and he is asking me if I want Sun Clean
on the windows

Any thoughts on this

Thank You
Karen
Last edited by KT on Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Sun Clean is a product of PPG and it has a clear coating of titanium dioxide on the outside that interacts with the suns UV creating a photocatalytic process that breaks down and loosens any matter on the glass. Then the rain will create a hydrophilic process where the water will wash away the matter and leave the glass clean with less spotting.

How often it rains and if the rain can hit the window will have an effect on the success of the product. Sun exposure is not a factor, even in the shade their will be sufficient UV to start the process. At worst you may occasionally have to spray the windows with water and you should have windows that are much easier to clean and will stay clean longer.

Now all this is on a window that tilts in for easy cleaning.

Bill
Uneeda Window of N.J.

HipKat

#3 Post by HipKat »

Bill wrote:
Now all this is on a window that tilts in for easy cleaning.

Go figure....

searspro

#4 Post by searspro »

Sears offered the sun clean glass with their best window, at no extra charge. That lasted about a month or so. We had a real problem with caulking on the glass from the factory. Windex won't take it off. But you can't use a razorblade on the sun clean. We discontinued it after hundreds of complaints. Maybe they are more careful at the factory now, but I doubt it. If you'd like get the Sears name and reputation for standing behind what they sell along with your simonton windows, please E-mail me. Good luck!