Soft Lite - Imperial v. Barrington

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ctnj

Soft Lite - Imperial v. Barrington

#1 Post by ctnj »

Got a quote today for Imperial LS - approx $506 a window. For 9-10% less, can do Barrington. I understand the major differences that Barrington lacks:
- Foam (making it quieter)
- .07 CFM
- Locking mechanism screwed in rather than built in
- No reinforcement at all? versus the kevlar
- Screens don't lock in

Am I missing anything?

HomeSealed

Re: Soft Lite - Imperial v. Barrington

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Completely different extrusion, completely different window. The LS is better in every way. It will perform better, last longer, etc. That is a very good price on a very good product, I'd jump on it.

ctnj

#3 Post by ctnj »

I have an appt. set up with one other company Monday - they carry Sunrise and a "signature" line made by Seaway. Have heard from a coworker's husband who worked in doors/windows for 30y that this company is the best in my area.

Will the pricing be comparable on Sunrise or significantly more? Is Soft-Lite better option?

HomeSealed

#4 Post by HomeSealed »

The Imperial LS is better than the base Sunrise. A better comparison would be the Vanguard or Restorations by Sunrise, but you would have to locate a dealer of those exclusive lines. Pricing is impossible to say. The actual cost of the window to each dealer is probably comparable, however the cost that they charge will vary by hundreds of dollars from dealer to dealer based on company size, overhead, business model, etc. A guy working out of his home and doing the installs himself will obviously be far less than the $25mil per year company with 20 sales people, office staff, a huge showroom, tv ads, a fleet of vehicles, etc. Those are extreme examples, but you will find everything in between.
I don't have experience with the Seaway, but from looking at the product, performance ratings, etc, it seems to be about middle of the road IMO.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

If you want performance, go with the LS.

If you want more glass, go with the Bainbridge (Barrington's cuter sister but effectively the same window).

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#6 Post by masterext »

A true comp would be the soft lite Elements and the Sunrise Restorations. That said, i do like the LS.
I do like Eric's analogy, only Eric can come up with that. Lol

TheWindowNerd

#7 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Another vote for the LS.